We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature In April or early May

East Greenwich...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature In April or early May

I'm cruising to Bermuda and looking to go in April or early May of 2012. Is it warm enough for the beach at that time of the year?

baltimore
Level Contributor
588 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature In April or early May

Air teperature- Yes, water a bit chilly- but only if a wimp.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature In April or early May

See www.weather.bm We are usually there in April/May and judging by the hundreds of cruise ship passengers who crowd the buses and head to Horseshoe Bay it is certainly warm enough. People do swim in the sea at that time, but perhaps not the Bermudians who wait until after the middle of May.

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature In April or early May

>>>Bermudians who wait until after the middle of May<<<

Traditionally, '..first day for swimming..' for Bermudians was Bermuda Day, May 24th. We've Bermudian friends who wouldn't dream of swimming in the ocean before Bermuda Day....and even then....they take a week-long Bermuda Day holiday at a condo in Barbados to do it.

Edited: 28 October 2011, 16:13
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature In April or early May

As a child growing up in the U.K. we didn't feel that summer had arrived until we ran, shivering and blue with cold, out of the sea. Same with swimming at the ocean beaches of Cape Cod. Always makes me smile when people question whether it's warm enough to swim in Bermuda.

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature In April or early May

You can definitely swim at that time of the year. I have gone twice in late April and although cool at first, you get used to it. I am going to try in jump in on December 26!!!!!!!!

Carteret, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature In April or early May

I too am cruising on Apirl 29th to Bermuda. Hoping the same you are. Keeping fingers crossed. It has been a mild winter so I think we will get lucky !

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temperature In April or early May

There's a reason why Bermuda cruise prices during March and April are so very much less than exactly the same cruise during June, July and August. Perhaps you can guess why that's so ?? Everything's a trade-off.

8. Re: Temperature In April or early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:41