We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chill out at a Beach

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Chill out at a Beach

Does the Reef or any other resorts offer non guests an opportunity to relax at their beach? So, for instance, do they have a coffee shop or something next to the beach that outsiders can access. We are looking at Elbow beach resort or the Reef and maybe even the Princess in Hamilton but open to other resorts as well.

Mentioned in this post
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
USA
Level Contributor
29,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chill out at a Beach

None of the hotels in Bermuda offer '..day passes..' for non-guests. You're welcome stop in at any hotel as a patron of their bars and restaurants.

Your best bet for what you're looking for is probably going to be the public portion (just about everywhere along the beach that isn't designated as '..for hotel guests only) of ELBOW BEACH. You can stroll over to the Elbow Beeach Hotel'sd MICKEY'S BEACH BISTRO for lunch or drinks...or to use their bathroom/changing facility. You just can't use their chaise lounges or 'cabanas'.

I suppose that you can '..crash..' just about any hotel's private beachclub or pool (the small salt water pool at the Hamilton Princess is usually deserted most of the time..beach towels in storage locker)...with larger hotels being easier to '..blend in..'...though apart from bathroom facilities, there usually aren't going to be any other changing facilities.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
baltimore
Level Contributor
722 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chill out at a Beach

Pretty much go to any beach- just be polite/nice, they do not want to question potential clients.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
386 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chill out at a Beach

except for Coral beach Club, it has only charging privelages &

Tucker Point Club Beach is at MidOcean via Private Gate access.

USA
Level Contributor
29,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chill out at a Beach

>>>Your best bet for what you're looking for is probably going to be the public portion....of ELBOW BEACH...."

There is a concessionaire (Blue Water Divers??) located near the '..public..' entrance to Elbow Beach that rents chairs/chaise lounges, umbrellas, basic snorkeling gear, 'water toys'. This public access is down the Tribe Road, located between the Coral Beach & Tennis Club and Elbow Beach Hotel properties. The concessionaire is located between the 'public entrance and the EBH. Once down on the beach...almost all of the long strand of Elbow Beach (except for a few small areas out in front of hotels, designated as '..guest use only..') is '..public..' and at your disposal.

Mentioned in this post
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chill out at a Beach

Thanks everyone. Went to Elbow beach today, head snack at one of their restaurants and then used their private beach -- no one ever raised an eyebrow.

Mentioned in this post
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chill out at a Beach

Hope you had fun, I've always wanted to try that but I wasn't sure

USA
Level Contributor
29,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chill out at a Beach

>>>Hope you had fun, I've always wanted to try that but I wasn't sure<<<

It's a question of timing. Ground Hog Day in February isn't exactly 'high-season', prime beach weather. Ordinarily during the warmer summer months, the Elbow Beach Hotel has an area of beach, out in front of Mickey's set aside with chaise lounges (with artfully draped beach towels) & beach umbrellas marked off as '..For Hotel Guests Only..'.

Mentioned in this post
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chill out at a Beach

Bob w...I'm curious how the weather was on the beach when u were there in February. Not a big swim/snorkel person, but love the idea of chilling on the beach and looking out onto the beautiful water. Can u share some info on the weather you experienced while there?

boston
Level Contributor
582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Chill out at a Beach

I was on Elbow Beach this past Friday. We took the bus to the tribal road an walked down. We used our towels but there was a man renting chairs, tables and umbrellas right before you walk onto Elbow Beach Hotel property. We went to Mickeys for a snack and drink and used their facilities without anyone batting an eye. It was very quiet on the beach and at the hotel. The weather was just ok but I was surprised at the waves on the beach. My friend has been there several times before and said it was usually very calm.

Mentioned in this post
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
USA
Level Contributor
29,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chill out at a Beach

>>>....I was surprised at the waves on the beach. My friend has been there several times before and said it was usually very calm...<<<

The after effect of Tropical Storm Alberto passing through the region.