We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PassPort

North Berwick, Maine
1 post
Save Topic
PassPort

Do you need a Pass Port?

USA
Level Contributor
27,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PassPort

YES...you need a valid passport to enter Bermuda.

Edited: 17 February 2012, 00:45
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PassPort

if you are flying in, yes. if you are a US citizen cruising to bermuda on a ship where the cruise starts and ends in the US then no.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: PassPort

However, if for some reason you are unable to return to the U.S. on the cruise ship and need to fly home you may have a problem if you don't have a passport.

USA
Level Contributor
27,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PassPort

As noted above...***IF*** you are traveling to Bermuda via a "..'closed-loop' cruise.." you will not need a passport. But you will need a valid, government issued photo ID (drivers license, etc) AND proof of citizenship (i.e. 'raised seal' or otherwise government certified birth certificate).

'..."Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents....'.

www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

USA
Level Contributor
27,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PassPort

The "..'closed-loop cruise..' is only an EXCEPTION to the ordinary passport rule. Even with travel to Canada, travel document requirements are a lot more complicated. The one travel document that tends to UN-complicate most matters is a valid passport...whether for a 'closed-loop' cruise to Bermuda, flying to Paris or driving to a friend's wedding in Quebec.

Assuming that you complete the new passport application form correctly and provide the required proof-of-citizenship / identity documents, these days it only take three to four weeks for your passport to arrive in the mail.

baltimore
Level Contributor
646 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PassPort

under 2 years of age- birth certificate only

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: PassPort

I always think of getting a passport as a rite of passage. Such satisfaction when I got my first one so many many years ago. I love looking at all the stamps and really resent their disappearance when I have to get a renewal!!

8. Re: PassPort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:20