We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at The Reefs

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at The Reefs

We just booked a 20th anniversary trip at The Reefs. Reviews said not to book poolside rooms, so we booked a cliffside room. I requested a renovated room when I booked and they said they can't guarantee it but will try to accommodate us. I get the impression that many of the cliffside rooms are not yet renovated. Are the cliffside rooms nice, or should I have requested another type of room? Some reviews mention the Reefs Club Rooms, but I was unable to find a way to book that on the website. I want to make sure that we will be happy with the room we booked and need some help.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

Why not give them a call ?

USA
Level Contributor
28,038 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

As noted above...telephone down to The Reefs directly-- 1- 800-742-2008 --and ask to speak to DAVID DODWELL, JUNIOR... Manager...or if he's not available at the time, ask that he return your call. He should be able to provide you with definitive answers to your questions.

According to the 'schedule' posted on their web site a couple of months ago, the 'Poolside' and 'Cliffside' room renovations were intended to be completed by March 15th...though delays for such projects in Bermuda seem almost inevitable....but if anyone would know...and could provide you with a definitive answer, it would be Mr. Dodwell.

Insofar as rates for Reefs Club condos are concerned, the nightly rates can be found on The Reefs web site-- http://www.thereefs.com/rates/index.shtml There were significant discounts for condo accommodations from Jamuary-thru-mid-March, while renovations were on-going at the hotel...but those discounts lapsed on March 15th. The Club condo accommodations are all two(2) and three(3) bedroom, fully equipped condo units...as opposed to 'Double Rooms' and 'Suites' in the hotel portion of the property. As you might expect, the rate difference between the two different types and size of accommodations are going to be SUBSTANTIAL.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

The cliffside rooms are very nice! We booked a poolside room and were fortunate enough to be upgraded to the cliffside. Can't count on that good fortune sadly, so we would book a cliffside another time to be certain. For the amount of time you spend in your room, the substantial price difference between cliffside and condo would not be worth it in my opinion.

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the help.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

....not all cliffside rooms are the same....Building "H" are not as nice as Building "E & F"....In fact, I would consider the poolside rooms nicer than bldg H. Maybe the new renovations that are reported to be done are in Bldg H, they really need it, especially the bathrooms in that building. The bathrooms in all rooms needed updating with the exception of the suites or junior suites.

As for the new condos....they are very luxurious! They do cost much more money, but, if you are traveling with another couple or two, the cost works out to be about the same. They also have a washer/dryer, are much more spacious, their own bar, pool/hot tub and killer views. Each bedroom is its own suite...private baths.

6. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 12:35
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

Long time no see Bermuda2010. Always a treat to read your posts. Now how about some posts about the crime in all the other places that you visit, according to your reviews that is. London, Chicago, Denver etc.

You could have a field day with those but you just seem to focus on Bermuda for some reason.

USA
Level Contributor
28,038 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

No question about it. The incident did in fact occur a couple of weeks ago at The Reefs. But any notion that this was anything other than an extremely UN-common event would be marginally hysteric.

For as long as we've been visiting Bermuda (several decades) visitors at guest accommodations have been warned to not leave valuables out in plain sight when away from their accommodations and to make sure that they lock doors and windows at night. Bermuda may be '..Paradise Found..' but even Partadise had its apple-stealin'-serpent. Odds are that had the tree been fenced, gated and locked...society as we know it would be different.

And though burglaries at boith private residences (much more frequent) and guest accommodations were up last year....the trend for the past several years has been downward....but this tends to ruin a really good '..hoirror story..'.

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

I have to say that this does make me nervous. I know that burglaries can happen anywhere, but it is unsettling when it happens at a resort you are planning to stay at. Does anybody know if the suspects were caught? Does anybody what, if anything, management at The Reefs has done in response to this incident? Thanks in advance for any information.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at The Reefs

I believe that the incident occurred at a private house which is used by the Reefs at times and I assume that it's "next door" so to speak. If it's any consolation no one was hurt. I would think that the odds of something like that happening again are just about nil. You haven't given up living in New York have you because of the possibility of a crime happening to you? If you are really concerned why not give the Reefs a call or email David Dodwell for assurances that they have done all that they can to keep the property safe.