We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to stay

Carshalton Beeches...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How long to stay

Looks like most people go to BDA for a long weekend. We've not been before and have flexible travel arrangements. So how long is a sensible time to spend in BDA - just myself and wife.

Thanks in advance

USA
Level Contributor
28,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to stay

The answer to the question comes down to a matter of your own personal preferences, priorities, budget and schedule. It's a little like asking, "..Is (fill-in-the-blank) worth it ??..". The average Bermuda visit is somewhere between five(5) and six(6) days. What's your travel budget ?? (a not-so-minor and inconvenient detail) and....How do you define "..sensible.." ??

We started out staying seven(7) days then extended to eight(8), then to nine(9) all the way up to two(2) weeks...then dialed it back to ten(10) or eleven(11) days as the most '..comfortable..'. for us.

So...how long've ya' got ??...well...it probably ain't long enough...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to stay

We go for two weeks in April/May and I've been going for an extra ten days or so in December as well. Would be happy to stay longer.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to stay

... until the money runs out.

baltimore
Level Contributor
663 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to stay

I have found 4 days(3-4 nights) , seems O.K.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to stay

On our first trip we stayed for three nights in December, and our second trip was ten nights in August.

Our upcoming trip will be eight nights, but only because that is what our schedule is dictating. If we could, it would most definitely be ten nights again. It was long enough to truly felt like we had gotten away, but not so long that we would begin to take the views and charm for granted.

Hamilton Parish...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to stay

It depends on what you intend to do.

If looking to get away from hustle and bustle and relax a bit, a long weekend may be just what you need to get rejuvenated!

If looking to explore and seek out some adventure, consider a longer stay.

Belfast , Northern...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to stay

Hi Tell-it-all !

A long weekend might be fine if you live in the US and are only a couple of hours away and can go back fairly regularly .

However , like you I am from the UK . I would suggest you go for two weeks and allow yourselves to fall in love with the place and its people . It is totally relaxing -- and that's what it's meant to be ! There is lots to see and do , but take it easy and slow down to their pace and enjoy it all the more .

We stayed at the Cambridge Beaches and after a few days there had lost all sense of time to the extent that when asked by some other guests how long we had been there we couldn't remember !!

Bermuda is a complete delight and I would echo Cove_Lurker above , stay...' until the money runs out ' !!

8. Re: How long to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:28