We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hrs is enough?

art07154
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 hrs is enough?

First time to Bermuda . Is 2 hrs enough prior departure flight back to the US on Sunday ?

How busy is Bermuda airport?

Thank you

USA
Level Contributor
28,256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

As a general rule...a qualified YES.....but one never knows when or where there may be traffic delays en route or other difficulties. Better to be safe, than sorry.

art07154
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

We will be staying at pompano beach . Our flight back is 3 pm. We thinking about leave the resort at 12:30 by taxi . Is it too late or too early?

Thank you

USA
Level Contributor
28,256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

I'd be inclined to depart from PBC no later than 12:00 PM. The taxi ride will probably take approx. 45-50 mins. I know how difficult it is to leave 'paradise'...but recall Lady Macbeth's advise from the 'Scottish play.."..Stand not upon the order of your going, But go at once...".

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

There's really not a lot you can do in those last hours and your bags are all packed. I would rather be at the airport a little too early than a little too late. Taxis don't always arrive on time which is another reason for allowing plenty of time.

Level Contributor
1,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

Or your could always stay at the Grotto Bay and leave for the airport 135 minutes before your flight! Although the Pompano is very nice indeed and I would be inclined to leave there at 12:00pm as KDK suggest.

USA
Level Contributor
28,256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

>>>How busy is Bermuda airport?<<<

Bermuda's airport processing is usually pretty efficient. Most of the Bermuda Airport's departing flight operations are 'concentrated' within a limited time-span--between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Depending on the timing & number of departing flights and the fullness of passenger manifests of those flights,...routine passenger processing can become a bit slow at times. You also need to bear in mind that in addition to routine airline check-in and airport security clearances, you must also pass though ICE (US Customs & Immigration) pre-clearance procedures at the Bermuda airport.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 06:18
baltimore
Level Contributor
677 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

Bermuda airport very small- but 45 minutes min per faa regulations- almost not allowed to check-in(1 hour off on time).

North Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

I second the advice of my fellow Trip Advisors that you should give yourself plenty of time. If there is a problem enroute to the airport (i.e. accident, traffic), you will be cutting it a little too close for comfort. There are comfortable chairs in an upstairs cafe that we lounged in with cool drinks and a bite to eat before our flight. Also, I believe that in Bermuda the gate closes 1 hour before your flight (other bloggers please correct me if I have this wrong). We've been to Bermuda many times and have just returned from a two week stay. We always plan to be at the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before our flight. It gives us plenty of time to check in, get through security and customs, grab a bite to eat before our flight, and just settle in and relax. As others have said, there's not much else you can do in that time anyway. Believe me, customs and secruity are not amused by folks rushing to their gate at the last minute. Better safe than sorry I say.

South Chelmsford...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

Just wondering ...where did you stay for two weeks?

10. Re: 2 hrs is enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:42