We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning 50th anniversary

Florida
Level Contributor
754 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning 50th anniversary

We are a group of 15. My sister and I are planning a trip for our parents 50th anniversary. Which part of the island should we stay on? We have an 18 month old baby, 3 teens (14, 16, 18), one 21 yr old, two couples in their twenties, two couples in their forties and our parents in their seventies. Trying to find the best location to suit all the age groups. We prefer 4 or 5 star resorts. Also, does anyone know if we can private charter a yacht or large boat for the day? We want to do something really special. We will go June 2013. We were originally going to Beaches resort on Turks and Caicos but due to some medical issues we want to stay in the US. However, after researching the hospital in Bermuda it looks like the emergency medical care is very good unlike caribbean islands.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
USA
Level Contributor
29,230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

Take a look at the FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL-- http://www.fairmont.com/southampton --It should suit all--or at least most--of the varied criteria that a large mixed family group should require.

Though the property is probably a '..3-star;;' you might also take a look at GROTTO BAY BEACH RESORT-- http://www.grottobay.com/

There are any number of private charter boats in Bermuda that will accommodate a group like yours....but I'd be inclined to wait until next spring (for June '13 travel dates) before worrying much about that aspeect of your prtoposed plans.

As noted, Bermuda has very good medical facilities (they're in the process of building a new hospital)...and is only two(2) hours by air from major US cities with frequent daily service.

Edited: 10 June 2012, 21:37
Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,277 Reviews
Bermuda
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort...
2,837 Reviews
Bermuda
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
USA
Level Contributor
29,230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

For planning purposes, it is also worth noting that the month of JUNE is probably the most heavily booked month of the entire year for Bermuda....PARTICULARLY during the last two weeks of June, into early July---end of school term in the US & Canada, biennual Marion-Bermuda Yact Race, major game fishing tournaments, destination weddings, honeymoons, anniversary trips and just ole' garden variety tourism. So if you want to be sure of your 1st choice(s) for this visit, you would be well advised to make your plans and reservations EARLY.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

Sailing around Bermuda is really nice - check out http://www.sailbermuda.com/

If you have the $$ to spend, look into renting the 2 bedroom condos at the Reefs Resort. They are AWESOME!!! I think they have 3 bedroom condos as well.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
The Reefs
The Reefs
1,158 Reviews
Bermuda
Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I'd agree with KDK about Grotto Bay. The teenagers/twenty somethings will enjoy the short walk to the Swizzle for evening entertainment! Also I'd say Coco Reef is a really good choice. You can walk to the Elbow beach compound where you have Mickeys Bistro on the Beach and the Lido complex (lido.bm).

Mentioned in this post
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort...
2,837 Reviews
Bermuda
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
998 Reviews
Bermuda
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
495 Reviews
Bermuda
baltimore
Level Contributor
735 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

Anything along South Shore Road...

Reefs

South Hampton Princess

6. Re: Need help planning 50th anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:40