We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising with elderly parents

Guilford,Ct
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cruising with elderly parents

I will be in Bermuda for three days the last week in June with my elderly parents. Although they are both in good health, they tire easily and cannot walk too far. Can anyone suggest the best beach to take them to or any other easy activity? (both in their 90's)

baltimore
Level Contributor
706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruising with elderly parents

Also ask the cruise line- they will be helpfull- Tobacco Bay(way over by St. George's)-(will need a Taxi), is calm, scenic annd easy in and out- Remember Water Shoes...

P.S.- other beaches around- but may have to walk 100 yards or so...

If on horseshoe bay side- very nice- Taxi(100 yards to the water).

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruising with elderly parents

A guided tour of the island with a Blue Flag taxi would be good. I think that it's a four hour minimum at a cost af $40-50 an hour. If you are berthed at the Dockyard you can take a ferry across to Hamilton. The Dockyard itself has some interesting things to see. Glass blowing, the Maritime Museum, some shopping, restaurants.

USA
Level Contributor
28,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruising with elderly parents

The private, BLUE FLAG taxi tour is a great idea...and when compared to most cruise line shore excursion yours...a bit of a bargain.

You can take a taxi out to HORSESHOE BAY beach. The taxi will take you down to the beach house there, where you can rent chairs, beach umbrellas. The walk from the parking lot to the sand will be approx. 25-50 yards. Surf here will be mild most days.

Alexandria, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruising with elderly parents

I just returned from a Bermuda cruise with my 90 year old father. I had pre-arranged a taxi tour prior to the trip and provided the driver with some info on what my father wanted to see and some of the more obscure places that he remembered from his time there in the 1940's while in the Navy. We saw the island from one end to the other. The driver was fabulous, the car was spacious - there were 4 of us plus my dad's walker - and it was a wonderful day. The driver had planned a 5 hour tour after discussion with me prior to the trip but we ended up extended to 6 hours. The prices are fixed by the hour by the government based on number of people. 1-4 people was $40 per hour. I can't recommend highly enough. The tour driver's name was David Fox and he can be reached at thefox@logic.bm.

5. Re: Cruising with elderly parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:15