We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor to Bermuda

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor to Bermuda

Hi all,

I will be visiting Bermuda for the first time in Oct or Nov 2012 for 5-6 nights.

I'm from the UK and have never visited Bermuda before.

Can someone please advice on what the weather will be like Oct / Nov? Is it warm enough to swim in the sea?

Can anyone recommend good Hotel or even apartment in a good location?

What is there is to do in Bermuda?

Many thanks all,,,,

Babolat

baltimore
Level Contributor
696 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

Mid Oct thru early Nov ideal time.(rates lower if can book in Nov). Water a few degrees warmer then air- can stay in forever. 70 ish air - several degrees warmer water.

For me- efficiencies the way to go:

Try:

Clairfont Apartments

Grape Bay Cottages

Paraquet Apartments & Restaurant

All have advantages/slight differences to each other(research on-line)

2. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 15:42
Edited: 03 June 2015, 15:42
USA
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

If beach is high on your priorities list...late-October / early November will be best.

BERMUDA WEATHER--'..CLIMATE..' Data--

http://www.weather.bm/climate.asp

USA
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

For more meaningful...better directed...accommodations suggestions/recommendations....it might be more productive if you provided a bit more of the not-so-minor-details of your personal preferences, priorities, special needs, budget. for accommodations ??

Edited: 26 July 2012, 18:01
London
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

Many thanks for for your advice.

If the weather is still fine to swim in the sea in November I will then plan my trip in Nov. Accomodation seems to be cheaper in November also.

I'm still trying to decide between a Hotel or an apartment/B&B?? What are the pro/cons?

I plan on hiring a moped for my duration and would like to be located as close to a Beach as possible. I can then commute to Hamilton and other areas etc via Moped.

Any suggestions on locations would be most welcome.

Also i've been researching Restuarants in Bermuda and all the prices on the menu are in $. Is this US $ or the local Bermudan $?

I'm very much looking forward to visiting this beautifult place....

Regards,

USA
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

>>>If the weather is still fine to swim in the sea in November I will then plan my trip in Nov. Accomodation seems to be cheaper in November also.<<<

For most hotels and guest accommodations, lower '..Winter/Off-season' rates usually kick-in on November 1st. BUT...if beach is a high priority for you, then I'd restrict my plans to EARLY November.

>>>I'm still trying to decide between a Hotel or an apartment/B&B?? What are the pro/cons?<<<

It depends on how '..independent..' a traveler you want to be...and budget.

Private rental apartments, guesthouses and B&Bs will certainly be much less costly per night than hotels/resorts. Private rental apartments and many small guesthouses are usually self-catering, providing you with the ability to prepare some or all of your meals. And though owners are often around to provide basic assistance, there are no additional '..services..'. Hotels/resorts usually provide more guest services and amenities.

>>>Any suggestions on locations would be most welcome....I plan on hiring a moped for my duration ..<<<

Since beach appears to be high on your priorities list, I'd be inclined to look for hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs, private rental apartments & cottages in the '..central..' areas of Bermuda. This area would probably be described as the south shore areas of Paget, Warwick, Southampton and the eastern portions of Sandys/Somerset parishes.

If you will be riding rental motor scooters, then relative location to the beach isn't nearly as important. Scooters provide you with a great deal more convenience and flexibility than does public transportation...and a lotta' fun to boot. You needn't be concerned about distances to bus or ferry stops or public transport schedules or routes. You can make your own routes and schedules. '..Commuting..' from here to there becomes one of your daily '..small pleasures..'

>>>Also i've been researching Restuarants in Bermuda and all the prices on the menu are in $. Is this US $ or the local Bermudan $?...<<<

Since the Bermudian Dollar is pegged in value to the US Dollar--$1 BD = $1 US--there no need for currency conversion. Both US and Bermudian currency are used interchangeably. All you need do is make the mental 'conversion' from GBP £'s to USD $'s to judge prices. .

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

Thank you all. Looks like i'll be visiting now in early October.

Does anyone know what Sunscape B&B is like in Warwick? I've noticed this on Bermuda Rentals (C23) and wondered if anyone knows much about this B&B.

There are no pics available of the actual room on website's which would be nice to see.

I realise that this property is up on a hill and that should not be an issue for me as i plan to rent a moped.

Thanks all.....

USA
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

>>>...Does anyone know what Sunscape B&B is like in Warwick? I've noticed this on Bermuda Rentals (C23) and wondered if anyone knows much about this B&B. There are no pics available of the actual room on website's which would be nice to see...<<<

Perhaps some of this, from the SUNSCAPE BERMUDA B&B past guest Review & Comments pages on this TA site may help--

SUNSCAPE BERMUDA B&B--

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147258-d147873…

Though there are no photos of the guest rooms (perhaps cou can add actualy room photos if you decide to stay here) the past guest reviews & comments may be useful.

Not sure what you've been looking at but...there are interior photos on both SUNSCAPE BERMUDA B&B's own web site-- http://www.sunscapebermuda.com/ --as well as the Bermuda Rentals (C23) page-- bermudarentals.com/central/…

Quechee, Vermont
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

>>>...Does anyone know what Sunscape B&B is like in Warwick? I've noticed this on Bermuda Rentals (C23) and wondered if anyone knows much about this B&B. There are no pics available of the actual room on website's which would be nice to see...<<<

Friends spoke highly of Bermuda Rentals C38A. You can see a post about it on TripAdvisor via this link: tripadvisor.com/…41888036

They loved the location. Apparently you can book directly with the owner too.

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time visitor to Bermuda

Hi all

I'm now planning on visiting 9-14 Nov.

Would the weather still be ok to laze on the beach?

I'm just bit concerned weather will be too cold...

Many thanks all. Your advice has been soo useful for me ...