We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

We will be on a scooter for one day during our trip. We are looking for a casual restaurant with a good view where we can relax, have a slow meal and enjoy a good view.

We do not have a concise itinerary, instead we have a few things we are planning to see, we'll get there when we get there, and we would love to add a relaxing meal to the list.

I know the Swizzle Inn is highly recommended but I just checked the menu and pub food is not what we are looking for. I think fresh seafood and a good wine list will go a long way here. (We won't be drinking on the scooter but that is the kind of place we're seeking.)

We are hoping for casual over dressy so we will not be under-dressed in our scooter clothing, but atmosphere and quality of food are important too.

Thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

I'm not sure what difference a good wine list makes if you are not drinking. Take a look at the Salt Rock Grill in Somerset Village for a beautiful view over Mangrove Bay. Or the Country Squire just down the road. Some of the best seafood restaurants are in Hamilton so if you want a view you are out of luck there.

Most restaurants have fish and seafood of some kind.Some of the best food in Bermuda is found in the pub type of restaurants especially if you want casual.the Frog and Onion at the Dockyard has loads of atmosphere if you eat inside. Outside, the patio opposite the Maritime Museum is quite pleasant or the one inside the victualling yard.

Edited: 13 September 2012, 22:24
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

You could also try Coconuts at The Reefs, which is a beachside restaurant open on a seasonal basis or the casual cafe at Pompano with lovely views. Neither is known as a seafood place though to my knowledge, although you can get fish at both.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

Thanks so much for the tips!

What about the Black Horse Tavern?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

Don't know much about the Black Horse but three other restaurants in St George's are on the water. Tavern by the Sea, Wahoo's and the White Horse.

All have ok food. I've had good fish in Wahoo's.

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

primaverarestaurant.com/The_Dining_Room.html

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

Yes, the restaurant at the Lighthouse is a good choice but I'm not sure if they serve lunch every day. I believe that they are open for dinner every evening.

Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

What meal? Lunch or dinner? If you are on the west side - try Breezes at Cambridge Beaches http://www.cambridgebeaches.com/breezes.cfm

If you are in St Georges, go to Wahoos in town or Blackbeards cliff side dining: stgeorgesclub.bm/Pages/BlackBeardsHideout.as…

Bermuda
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

It might have been 2 years now since my last visit to these restaurants :(, but Pompano beach has an excellent view from the hotel. You should probably phone ahead to see which of their restaurant areas are open. The sandwiches, salads, milkshakes on the balcony near the pool are good value. Coco Reef has a nice lunch menu overlooking the ocean, but I havent tried dinner yet. Harbourfront near town is more up-scale, but has seating leading out to the water with views of various sailboats. Nice bento boxes & sushi happy hour 5-6:30!

Both Swizzle locations are nice to be seen at, but other than cute tourists, you'll be looking out over traffic unless you get that one table at the South Shore location.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

Thank you for all the suggestions, I will take a look at each one of these ideas.

10. Re: casual dining with good view for relaxing during scooter day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 10:17