We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
815 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

My husband and I have found that we definitely prefer the smaller boutique hotels or a property where there are condos/rooms with kitchenettes. Or even a private condo rental. In my previous life (prior to having a baby 5 months ago) I would spend 50-100 hours planning a vacation. Picking out the perfect place to stay, location of the place, etc. I simply do not have the time now to weed through everything. I'm not partial to travel agents as I feel they have their own agenda. Anyway, we are late a couple in our late 30s looking to travel to Bermuda the last weekend of April or 1st 2 weeks in may.

We will rent a car but would still like to be near to restaurants. In perfect world the place would select would:

-be near/on the beach (understand it's not really beach weather)

- perhaps have a heated pool

- definitely a kitchnette (fridge, microwave, coffee maker)

- balcony or patio with a nice place to sit out and read, play games.

- on the smaller side - do not enjoy massive hotel properties with multiple restaurants

- close to restaurants

Really just a nice place to relax and unwind. A place we enjoy staying at and hanging out at.

We've rented condos in Barbados, Cayman, St John, Key West, Antigua. We really do enjoy this the most but it's hard to research all the properties.

Any ideas or recommendations?

thank you

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

Well, first of all you can't rent a car. Buses, ferries and taxis are readily available plus scooters for those brave enough to ride them. No rental cars.

For rentals of accommodations see www.bermudarentals.com or www.bermudagetaway.com

I'll leave others to suggest hotels or guest houses.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
815 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

What go you mean no rental car? You don't recommend it or its not allowed? I have medical issues and must have a car. I can't walk more than a 5 minutes. A car is a necessity. If we can't rent a car than Bermuda is out for us.

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

Then Bermuda is out for you. They do not rent cars to non residents.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

>>>...We will rent a car...<<<

NO...you won't...as there are no rental cars allowed in Bermuda....and after you've travelled Bermuda's narrow, winding roads, you'll see why. There are rental motor scooters, excellent public transportation (buses & ferries) taxis, pedal bicycles and 'shank's mare'.

Given your criteria, you should probably check out the condos at--

The REEFS HOTEL & CLUB--

http://www.thereefs.com/ ...or...

NEWSTEAD-BELMONT HILLS HOTEL-- http://www.newsteadbelmonthills.com/

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
815 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

Thanks. Bermuda is likely out for us. With my condition we have to have our own car.

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

While only you can know what you need, my mother's best friend with a difficult case of MS had a wonderful time in Bermuda. They took taxis everywhere, as they are plentiful, and just never pushed it too far. They stayed in Building 6 at the Newstead, with the elevator from the rooms straight down to the lobby level, restaurant level or pool level. Private ferry to Hamilton, or private shuttle to the beach at CoCo Reef, it all worked quite well.

7. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 14:21
8. Re: Boutique property, condos or rental rec'd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:16