We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

Hello, in the 1970s I used to attend "College Weeks" in Bermuda. One time we stayed in Paget and went swimming at a beautiful beach on the south shore called GRAPE BAY BEACH. My question is: how do I get there by foot? I tried looking at Google Earth and can't quite figure out which road to take. Thank you in advance.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

You can probably access it on White Sands Road where the hotel used to be. Not an easy beach to reach. I believe it's somewhat 'private' used and accessed through private property. May be wrong.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

ardsheal drive will get you there.

32 17'13.1

64 46'13.8

you'll come to a dirt path on the left side of the road that leads to the beach.

there are other routes, but this is the public righ-of-way. other routes will have you trespassing a little.

Edited: 10 May 2013, 19:37
USA
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

Perhaps the simplest route (if not quite the shortest) would be from the #7 bus stop (nr: Rural Hill Plaza / Ice Queen / Paget Pharmacy) and walk in along WHITE SANDS ROAD (follow signage for: Sapori Restaurant, Grape Bay Beach Hotel) then walk in to the Grape Bay Beach Hotel (along White Sands Rd)...a bit past the hotel entrance and along the footpath to the western-end of GRAPE BAY BEACH . From the #7 bus stop out on the South Road to the entrance to Grape Bay beach is approx. 1/2 mile.

USA
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

If you stayed at the old WHITE SANDS HOTEL back in the 1970's (they used to do a great Afternoon Tea)...the GRAPE BAY BEACH HOTEL is simply the new name for the same property. The new 'round' restaurant building and pool deck were added in the early 2000's when the hotel changed hands. I'm not sure if the hotel is still operating as a 'hotel'. A couple of years ago, they leased many of the rooms out to the Bermuda Hospital Board as resident housing for staff while the new hospital in under construction.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

Thank you, I will try the Ardsheal Drive rounte. Looking forward to icea cream either at the Paraqueet or Ice Queen after also!

Hamilton, Bermuda
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

Ardsheal drive is a private road and the public does not have access over it to grape bay . However should you use it in a respect manner no one will even notice

7. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 17:35
USA
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

To the best of my knowledge, GRAPE BAY BEACH isn't a '..public..' beach, in the sense that it is part of Bermuda's national park system and doesn't have any truly '..public access/right-of-way..'. Grape Bay Beach is what might be termed a '..neighborhood beach..' with landward access across private property only. But as a '..neighborhood beach..' there is certain common, 'neighborhood access' allowed to local residents and visitors by courtesy. Both the access from the ends of Ardsheal Drive and White Sands Road fall into this '..neighborhood access..' category...and as noted above, proper respect for what is essentially '..private property..' is required.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

We were there just last week, so I can help you out here. In 1963 I lived on White Sands Road and was the official baby sitter for the two hotels at the end of the road...The White Sands Hotel and South Capers Cottages. Last week we walked down the road to see my old house and landlord who's son still lives next door. He walked with us to the end of the road and where the White Sands Hotel is, there is a path that winds down to the beach. The beach is still just as beautiful as it was 50 years ago and so clean.

Hope you have good luck. Take care.

10. Re: How to walk to Grape Bay Beach in Paget??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:17