We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

My husband wears a cpap machine when he sleeps. Does anyone know if there is an outlet by the bed for him to plug it in. We booked a deluxe oceanfront room, not sure if room type makes a difference.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

Why not ask the hotel?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

I emailed the other day, but haven't received a response yet. I'm sure I will, but thought someone on this forum could give me an answer sooner (I'm sure the hotel is busy this weekend)

United States
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

We did not have an outlet behind our bed and we were in the deluxe rooms on the beach. My friends were in rooms on the next building on the beach and had more outlets. I had emailed the reservation desk a question before our arrival & they never answered so I called them. Here is the email for June - she is guest services Manager & Social Director. Jafurbert@grottobay.com. Tell her the importance of the email and maybe she can get reservations to respond.

Dian- I forgot to tell you to make reservatons for dinner each night especially the Surf & Turf.

Elaine

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

Thanks Elaine, I will. I'm assuming your friends also had a deluxe oceanfront room. Did both rooms look exactly the same. Grotto told me they've gone thru extensive renovations and we'd definitely prefer to be in one of the most updated rooms.. If worse comes to worse, we can always pack an extension cord, but prefer to pack light and only plan on bringing carry on bags since it's only for 4 nights (not a problem for hubby, me is a different story LOL)

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

As noted above, take the time and make the effort to contact Ms. JUNE-ANN FURBERT, Guest Services Mgr, & Social Director (e-mail: jafurbert@grottobay.com)-- DIRECTLY or telephone down to GBBR, with your question and your particular '..special need..'.

United States
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

We all had deluxe oceanfront rooms and they all looked the same. One room had 2 double beds but the other were King bed. All the buildings on the beach are newly renovated. The buildings by the lodge are in progress!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

Thanks again, we requested a king and I'll call about outlets. Also, just realized there are smoking and non smoking rooms. So need to request non smoking. Might as well ask all my questions in one phone call, don't want to annoy them.

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

My recollection of GBBR is that ALL rooms are non-smoking (and I'm a smoker)...though there is no restriction of smoking out on guestroom patios or balconies. There is no smoking allowed in the indoor public spaces.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

I thought I read on their website smoking and non smoking rooms, but I could be wrong. I'll be sure to ask.

10. Re: Electric Outlets at Grotto Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17