We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

Boston
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

My husband and I are trying to get away for a quick weekend next month. We can only stay 2 nights and just want to sit on the beach and relax. We're trying to decide between Pompano Beach Club and the Reefs as there isn't much availability on short notice. We don't plan on venturing from the hotel so we'd like good food, relatively quiet and a nice beach. Thanks so much!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

Toss a coin!! No guarantees of quiet at either place. A lot depends on the mix of guests at the time you are staying.

USA
Level Contributor
27,750 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

As noted above...Heads you win; Tails you win with either. BOTH are 1st rate properties. Neither is a '..party..' place....though when guests arrive and see the south shore ocean views from either, there might be the occasionally loud, "..OH MY GOD !! Is this the most beautiful place on the planet, or what ??..". I suppose that of the two, if one is '..noisier..' than the other, it will be because the sound of aquamarine surf, hissing through pink sand at The Reefs will be louder than the sound of surf on the offshore coral reef will be at Pompano Beach Club.

If you're inclined to play a round of golf, the wonderful PORT ROYAL GOLF COURSE is directly adjacent to the Pompano Beach Club property. One of the greens is so close to the property that if you're having lunch at the Coral Reef Café dining terrace and the waiters yell '..Duck !!..', it doesn't mean that they've added a new '..special..' to the menu....and if a golf ball lands in your G&T glass, you've gotta' stand the whole foursome a round of drinks.

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

My husband and I just spent a few days at The Reefs, and it would be perfect for what you're looking for. The beach is gorgeous, and food and service are excellent. The Cliffside rooms are worth the extra cost if you enjoy spending time on the balcony.

4. Re: The Reefs or Pompano Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16