We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveler info available on Sundays?

Boston...
Level Contributor
392 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
traveler info available on Sundays?

We will be arriving via cruise ship on a Sunday at 11:00 am. I would like to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach that afternoon and I've been looking at bus/ferry routes and trying to understand them for our party of four (including sons ages 12 and 15).

I see and will heed the advice to have a bus/ferry schedule in hand and to buy a pass since we will use the service for the three days we are there. I have read these forums and searched but I am still somewhat confused....once we get off the ship, where do we go to get the schedule/passes if many offices are closed on Sunday?

Is there any advantage to taking the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus rather than the Special bus right to the beach? How will we know when the final bus leaves Horseshoe Bay? I can't find a published schedule for the Special bus.

I don't know why this is confounding me so! And we leave next week!

Thanks for any help.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: traveler info available on Sundays?

There is no published schedule for the Special buses as far as I know, You can buy the passes near where you dock. I'm sure that you will be given all the info you need at the dock. No, there is no advantage to taking the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to the beach if that's all you are going to do. Will take you at least twice as long.

Stop worrying.

Maine
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveler info available on Sundays?

When you get off the ship, you have to exit through a building. There will be all sorts of visitor information available there, including island maps, bus/ferry schedules, etc., and transportation passes are also sold in that building - cash only, I believe.

3. Re: traveler info available on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 07:18