We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Tour recommendation

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Tour recommendation

Hi All,

We will be in Bermuda for three days later this month. We are looking to do 2 to 3 snorkels while we are there. We are staying in Fairmont Southampton, so we will try church bay and horseshoe bay. On top of that, I was hoping to do a snorkel trip in a boat.

Any recommendation? We are both moderately seasoned snorkelers and some trip that can

take us out over the wrecks for a few hours would be great. I have heard great things about Western Blue cut. Has anyone snorkeled over it? Would you recommend contacting any particular company for a private/semi-private tour?

Byways Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Aquatic Bermuda
Sightseeing Tours
The Haunted History Walking Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

the shipwrecks of the constellation and montana are at western blue cut, and this is the most popular snorkel and dive site on the island by far. there are lots of companies to choose from that go there. if you choose to book on a regular trip, you'll see the two wrecks and plenty of coral and fish. some companies offer a second snorkel stop at a shallow reef, but this cuts your wreck time to about 30mins. if you choose a private charter, there is another wreck nearby called the lartington that can be added to your itinerary.

the snorkeling at church bay is the very best you can do in Bermuda from the shore, nearly as good as the offshore sites like wbc. the snorkeling from the beach at your hotel will be good but it's a long way out to the really good stuff and not recommended so stay near the shore instead.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

Thanks! Any particular companies that you would recommend?

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

Check out Sonny Sullivan at Snorkel Bermuda.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

Sonny, can those wrecks be reached via private boat rental? If so, can you point me to a map? You mentioned in my thread (thank you) that the limit for private boat rental is pompano beach to st davids (which I can't quite find those on google map either).

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

the rental boat companies don't let their boats go very far offshore, do wbc is out of bounds for. rental boats.

wbc 32°21.684 64°54.802

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

pompano 32 15"43.72 64 52'43.25

Seattle
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

Another company doing snorkelling tours is Jesse James cruises.

It runs a 31inch glass bottom boat that can hold over a dozen people.

travels to the shipwrecks of The Montana and The Constellation.

Find out more at

http://www.jessiejames.bm/

8. Re: Snorkel Tour recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 07:18