We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

Pottstown, PA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

My family and I are headed to Bermuda in 3 weeks for 10 days and we are hoping to rent chairs and snorkle equipment during this time. Does anyone know the daily cost for these items and/ or do the rental huts accept credit cards? Or do we need to carry cash?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

With regard to snorkeling equipment, it will likely cost you $25/per person for the set. If you are planning on snorkeling for more than a few days or planning on heading to other snorkeling destinations in the future, you might consider purchasing an inexpensive set back home (someone mentioned Costco has a set for $40). With regard to chairs, it will likely cost you about $10/day.

If you choose to rent at a hotel/hotel-affiliated vendor, you will have the option to use plastic. If you choose to rent at an on-site vendor (like the shed at Church Bay), it will be cash only.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 00:26
Pottstown, PA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

Wonderful- Thank you for the info! I will definitely look into purchasing the equipment beforehand.

Seattle
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

Hi there

You can rent beach chairs and snorkel equipment all over.

tourists could rent snorkel gear from stands at horseshoe bay beach, tobacco bay and warwick long beach

A lot of them take cash and US dollars

Also rent snorkel gear from companies like Dive Bermuda Ltd http://bermudascuba.com/

Or Fantasea diving and water sports http://www.fantasea.bm/

madsion, ct
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

We bought our gear at Costco. It's listed at $49.99 on the website, but I know we didn't pay that much, it must have been on sale. It took up a lot of room in the suitcase, but I think it was worth it. Especially when you don't have to put your mouth on the well worn rental stuff. We'll bring the gear with us again in February on a Caribbean cruise.

In June, I saw rentals available at Church Bay, Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay. Warwick Long Bay had a snack bar, but no rental chairs or snorkel stuff. I saw nothing at Elbow Beach other than the hotels. Not sure if you could rent from them. Snorkel gear was $25 per set at Tobacco Bay. Chairs and umbrellas at Horseshoe Bay were $16, but you get $5 back when you return them.

N Plainfield
Level Contributor
234 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

We are going back on the 19th and we will be toting our snorkel gear with us.

The Costco or BJs gear is great. Ours came with fins and the carry bag. I use

it as my carry on lots of convenient pockets. I find the fins are really helpful for

getting around without tiring too easily. You will save money in the end if you

are beach folks. There is lots to see. Tobacco Bay is great. We go there on

Saturday and Sunday. Seems to be mostly Bermudian families those days.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

There's a concessionaire at CHAPLIN BAY that rents basic gear that you can use as a 'rough-guide'--

Umbrella--$10

Chair-------$10

Mask & Snorkel---$10

Flippers---$5

Other concessionaires at Church Bay, Horseshoe Bay, Warwick Long Bay, along the south shore and Tobacco Bay, out at Saint George's will probably be slightly more.

As noted above, if you plan to go snorkeling twice...you can usually do better by simply purchasing and bringing along your own mask & snorkel (fins optional) and some sort of light '..water shoe..' for climbing over rocks and entering the water.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

For what it's worth to you.....we usually use the same little south shore beach (between Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long Bay. We stop in town and purchase a compact, canvas, folding chair ($25...but will probably be on sale for 1/2 price in August...the sort that collapses into a long, cylindrical, nylon bag...buy it at the Phoenix store in Hamilton or Dockyard). We carry the chair to the beach and use it...leaving it hidden in the clefts of rocks or buried in the sand at the back of the beach at the end of the day (some seaweed, rock & driftwood for camouflage). It's always there when we return to the beach the next day or day after. At the end of our visit, we simply pass the chair along to the '..next guy..' tourist or local resident.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 21:01
madsion, ct
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

>>>> There's a concessionaire at CHAPLIN BAY that rents basic gear that you can use as a 'rough-guide'--<<<

There was nobody there in June, the only rentals in the area were at HSB.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

>>>...There was nobody there in June, the only rentals in the area were at HSB...<<<

Not sure where you looked but....we were just there (returned yesterday--07/10/13) for ten days and there was a concessionaire at Chaplin Bay, renting sand chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling gear, 'pool noodles' and selling basic snacks & soft drinks there every day. He was serving the Chaplin Bay/Stonehole Bay/Jobson's Cove stretch. There was also a concessionaire at Church Bay and another at Warwick Long Bay.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 22:22
10. Re: Beach chair rentals / snorkel gear rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16