We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time and loved it!

Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
First time and loved it!

This was my first time to Bermuda and I really enjoyed myself. I am leaving tomorrow but I had to write a review. I am sitting by the pool at my rental house( I'll explain later) while writing this.

My first few days here were not so good I rented a house through an agency and the house was dirty. Scary dirty! I contacted the agency but they were out of the office on weekends so I went to the owner, she immediately cleaned up, but not really. After the weekend I decided I had to move and the agency gave me the contact info of another place, which is where I am now and it is wonderful! I will write a full review under their property section. I still had issues with the last place because the owner did not want to return my money but the company knows and we will speak when I get home. BTW the owner called the police on me and the other tenants who wanted to move and get a refund and I spent $50 in long distance charges trying to get this straighten out( and its still not over) .For all the money I spent I should have stayed in a hotel.

On the other hand, I spent a wonderful Monday evening at the Dockyard, they had some sort of free music concert. I met a Sonia, wonderful business owner, R&R Decorators who I became friends with. I had some great but expensive food at The Frog and Onion Pub.

Everything in Bermuda is expensive. I was on a budget so I went a purchased some food in the states. Nothing major, just snacks and oatmeal and I purchased things like butter and sugar when I got to Bermuda. I went way over my budget due to the housing issue but I was prepared.

Also there is a lot of walking. A lot of walking. I caught the bus which was easy to do and understand, but I still had to do a lot of walking. I recommend renting a scooter because you can travel on your own time and get to places quickly. If you rent a scooter but please, please be careful with the scooter.

I went to Whales beach, which was also wonderful.

I had a great fish sandwich from Woody's they also have music but I did not stay for that.

There are grocery stores everywhere so buying food to cook wasn't a problem. the food here is much more expensive than expected but cheaper than dining out.

I travel often and this is the only place I can say makes me want to pack up and move.

I also want to say the people here are not extra nice. They will push and shove without saying excuse me. They are nice and they will help, they will give great directions,they are patient and kind. you can strike up a conversation with almost anyone, anywhere.

Don't be rude or stupid! Crime happens here as well, so be careful.

Next time I come I will definitely do something's differently. I would stay in a hotel or ensure I've read the reviews for lodging. I will rent a e-bike( from Elbow Beach) or a scooter. Also I will lay by the beach more! The sites were great but the beaches are the best. I love the simplicity f the beaches not a lot of bars and stands and commotion, just beach and people.

I had a great great time and I will be back.

One last thing the ants are brutal and they are everywhere.

1. Re: First time and loved it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:20