We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Southampton evenings out.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont Southampton evenings out.

Family and I have booked 11 nights end of October at fairmont Southampton .As children are 13,10 and 9 we like to go out in early evening.is it easy to get to and book restaurants in Hamilton from our hotel and more importantly get back.Any recommendations on restaurants we can get to easily from hotel.I know there are a few restaurants on site but I like to visit different places.Also easiest place to purchase soft drinks as I start to cry when I pay more than 2 dollars for a coke.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Southampton evenings out.

Yes, you will be able to get to restaurants in Hamilton and back if you are going to be eating early. The bus stops outside the hotel. You can also take the bus in the other direction and head to the Dockyard. Four or five restaurants there. Or get off in Somerset Village before you get to the Dockyard and try The Salt Rock Grill or Somerset Country Squire. Both have patios overlooking Mangrove Bay. Closer to the hotel, a couple of bus stops away, are the Henry V111 and The Swizzle Inn. Tio Pepe's near Horseshoe Bay. There is also a restaurant up at the Lighthouse.

You can also use the hotel's private ferry if the timing suits you or take the bus up to the Dockyard, the ferry to Hamilton and perhaps the bus back. If all else fails there are always taxis.

Check the restaurant box at the top of the page for some more ideas.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Southampton evenings out.

>>>...Also easiest place to purchase soft drinks as I start to cry when I pay more than 2 dollars for a coke...<<<

You can stop at the MARKETPLACE--Heron Bay ( www.marketplace.bm/marketplace/locations.jsp ) which is located along the Middle Road / #8 bus route to stock the mini-fridge in your room with soft drinks and snacks for the kids...and mixer for your Duty Free liquor...''cause when the kids are finally in bed and asleep, you're probably gonna' need a drink.

3. Re: Fairmont Southampton evenings out.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18