We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical converter

San Francisco
Level Contributor
130 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Electrical converter

Do I need to bring a converter for my electrical appliances like hair dryer, computer and cell phone? I will be bringing US acceptable appliances and wondering if I need EU/UK adapters.

Thanks!

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Electrical converter

No need, you'll be fine.

USA
Level Contributor
27,550 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electrical converter

Bermuda uses the same electrical standard as the US--110-120V--60 Hz...two(2) bladed plug or two(2) bladed + one(1) round prong ground--

http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm

So, no electrical adapters or convertors are required.

For what it's worth to you, Grotto Bay Beach Resorts provides hand-held, blow dryers in guestroom bathrooms...though they may not be as 'powerful' as your own....but one less item to pack 'n carry.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
130 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electrical converter

Thanks! I probably won't even bring the hair dryer either but you never know.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electrical converter

Don't be like me... I usually bring the dryer "just incase." Never use it, but still have to pay the extra $50 in luggage fees because my suitcase weighs just a smidge over (perhaps the weight of a hair dryer?) the weight limit. Thank you hair dryer! One of these years I'll learn my lesson.

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
338 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electrical converter

Hi KD..............hope you're doing well. I'm just curious about your Grotto Bay comment and hand held blow dryers. Are you suggesting other hotels don't supply them or are the ones at Grotto Bay cordless hand held dryers?

Our trip is less than three weeks away......thanks to you and everyone on here for all their detailed comments/suggestions and help.

P.S.......Your directions are in a location that can only be entered through a three phase retina scan.

USA
Level Contributor
27,550 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electrical converter

>>>...hand held blow dryers. Are you suggesting other hotels don't supply them or are the ones at Grotto Bay cordless hand held dryers?...<<<

Most hotels now provide hand-held blow dryers (plug in to electrical outlets) in their bathrooms. Both The Reefs and Rosedon do.

>>>..Your directions are in a location that can only be entered through a three phase retina scan...<<<

Spend some time on this beach and you'll know why. You won't want to '..share..' it. I'd forgotten about your proposed travel dates. We just returned from Bermuda a few days ago (10 days of absolutely PERFECT Bermuda '..beach weather..'). Had I remembered, I would've left the chair in the rocks and sent you an '..'X' marks the spot..' message. Odds are it would've still been there when you arrived. In any event, you can purchase one ($24.95) at the PHOENIX store up on Reid Street in downtown Hamilton...or out at the DOCKYARD PHARMACY out at Dockyard(coincidental). If you arrive after Cup Match, they'll probably be a 'Summer Clearance' item--1/2 Off.

Bon voyage et bonne chance..........................

Edited: 17 July 2013, 06:09
7. Re: Electrical converter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19