We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

The property advertised and inquired about by me was E05. Oceanfront Apartments with Lovely Water Views Location: Hamilton Parish, Bermuda. but it was not available so I selected W38. When I got there it was not what I expected but OK. I was in Bermuda. I paid, put my stuff up, took a quick nap and left. When I came back I noticed the house was filthy. There were ants everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE (they managed to get into my luggage which was on a luggage rack) and there were spiders and spider webs everywhere. They were even in the sheets of the bed, which were dirty. I HAVE PICS AND i CAN SEND THEM IF INTERESTED. The rental company isn't open on the weekends so I sent them an email and slept on top of the comforter. The next day I called around looking for other vacancies and there weren't any. I spent almost $50 in long distance phone calls looking for other accommodations. Then I went to the owner and told her I can't stay here and why, she immediately came over and began cleaning. She offered me $40 and told me to go and enjoy myself and she hugged me for not telling the company.(even though I did) I took the money and had a fabulous time. I came back and the place was clean, on the surface. I decided to stay there since there was no where else to go and sent the company an email. Well the next day the company had given me another property to go to but I was already out and about enjoying my vacation. I called the new owners the next day and moved. I also spoke with Fiona at the rental company and told her what happened, she called me back and said the city she was in had a power outage so she cannot send emails but she to speak to the current owner of W38 to get my money back. Well here is where the real drama began. I spoke with the W38 owner and she gave me back one night and told me to come back for the other night because she did not have change. I told her I would go and get change and be right back. I went over to the new property(which was lovely, I'll do a review under their listing) and came back. When I returned the couple upstairs from me wanted to move and receive a refund also but she refused .The husband of the couple and I spoke for a few minutes and he told me she had called immigration on them and refuse to return their money. When we came back to her part of the house, her door was locked and she refused to answer. I still had her keys. I left and went to my new place. I enjoyed the rest of my vacation and went back to return the keys and get the rest of my money. The owner of W38 started acting crazy and told me she wasn't going to give me my money back. I went into the house to put her keys on the table and she starts screaming and telling me she was calling the police if I don't get out of her house. I told her to call the police, I'll wait right here, and I sat on the patio and waited. She came back out of the house with her purse and the phone and went up the hill to the neighbors, with me sitting there. After a few minutes I left only to see her in the car with this couple. I'm not sure what she told them but they were not happy with me and wanted me arrested. I explained I was returning her keys and she told me to come back to get the rest of my money, that was why I was there. They told me she called the police and I decided to wait with them for the police. In the meantime I called Fiona. While telling Fiona the situation, Fiona tells me, sounding irritated, that they had a storm and a power outage. I live an hour and a half from them. I knew of the storm and she told me that before on my voicemail. (Also I am paying $2.50 per minute to listen to her) I let her talk and then explained the situation and she calmed down and told me to leave, she apologized and said she would send the rest of the money. I have not received a refund to my PayPal account, I have not received a phone call or email. This was on Wed. I am writing this on Mon. after contacting her, again.

I sent emails the entire time I was there, telling the company what was going on and Fiona knew what was going on because I also called and told her. I should have been compensated prior to leaving Bermuda, but due to the power outage maybe she was unable. On the other hand as a small business owner, you don't allow things like to to continue. This should have been corrected immediately. Fiona spoke with me and she had an email from me telling how much I was due to receive. As soon as her power was restored I should have received an email. If she was unable to refund my money she could have stated when she would return it. She could have done something but at this time nothing was done. No one has called me back and no one has responded to my emails. A good business owner would have reached out to the inconvenienced customer to make sure everything was OK.

This experience has negatively affected my vacation. I spent more money than I budgeted due to this and I have to now chase the owner for a refund.

Please listen to me this is not worth it!

Bermuda is beautiful and the money and time I spent dealing with this I could have stayed at a hotel. I contacted Bermudagetaways.com and received great service, actually one of the property owners from there, helped me while I was in Bermuda, although she did not have a vacancy.

I know we read reviews and don't pay them any attention, but this was not worth the trouble.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,910 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

I imagine that Bermuda Rentals needs to check out your story before refunding the money. You paid the owner not Fiona Campbell didn't you? You say that it was not what you expected as soon as you arrived, not that it was dirty. You only noticed that later. Spiders and ants don't really qualify as filthy. Don't you ever get spiders and ants in your house?

I hope that someone from Bermuda Rentals responds to this as we often recommend them and we need to know how they handled it. Having said that we rarely hear anything negative about this company.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Bermuda anyway.

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

I can send pictures if you want. It was dirty so that is what I meant by not what I expected. I walked in put down my stuff and left, when I came back I noticed the dirt. Hair on the sink, dead ants on the stove, filthy silverware etc. I spoke with Fiona andi have copies of all the emails. I have no reason to lie.

No I don't have ants and spiders in my home. Btw it was some ants it was an infestation I'm a grown woman who travels a lot, I know a problem when I see one.

Thank you

Edited: 17 July 2013, 04:54
Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

First off, I would like to apologize that you had such a miserable time.

Fiona is talking with the homeowner of W38 and we will determine where this all went wrong.

I will try to answer your concerns as you presented them in your review above.

We are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year however you had the misfortune of trying to contact us during a 3 day neighbourhood power outage. Our generators were kicking in just as the power came back on, it really was bad timing. Normally, we would have been answering the phone and emails throughout the day.

I am saddened to hear that the discussion with the homeowner escalated: Fiona will be speaking with her today to determine what happened there. We always listen to clients and their suggestions, and if W38 is no longer up to our very exacting standards, we will take further action.

Before refunding money to clients, we always try to get both sides of the story. Give us a few days to determine the details, and Fiona will be in contact.

Again, we apologize that you had an unpleasant trip and are very sorry that the storm coincided with when you needed us most. I will speak to Fiona again today to see the status of the situation. Suffice it to say, this is extremely rare as evidenced by the overwhelmingly positive feedback we receive on TripAdvisor.

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

I have just spoken to Fiona again and she has provided the following updates:

- she immediately found her a brand new, lovely location

- the homeowner of that location came to collect the guest

- Fiona has already been in contact with the homeowner of the first location, and the refund is in the process of occurring

Thank you for your patience and again, so sorry that this property didn't work out.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,910 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

I wasn't suggesting that you were lying Queen Kai, but the way that you posted seemed a little over the top. Was there really any need to use all the bold, upper case and suggest that people should not use this company just because you did not have a good experience with your rental? Especially as you seemed to be happy with the replacement apartment.

As I said, I'm glad that you didn't let this spoil your vacation.

Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

Fiona did locate another property, it is stated in my original post and the 2nd property was nice.

I have an email that states no one is there over the weekend, the power outage was after I first contacted the company. The email is below. The power outage dates can also be researched, the storm was on July 9th , my first email was sent July 6. The one below was sent when they received my deposit.

Hello Crystal

All this information will be in the letter. Please make sure you print the first page showing the homeowners contact info etc… and put it with your passport.

Please note that I do not work on weekends and will return on Monday. There will be someone over looking emails, so if you do not get a response please understand. Thank you very much and have a greet weekend.

Regards

Lynn Mirabelli

Sales Associate, Bermuda Accommodations Inc.

To the other person, Senior65, the story is over the top I agree but it is true. This is my experience with this company as it is written. I used the font I wanted and I don't think people should use this company. You don't have to agree.

I enjoyed my time in Bermuda but for all the inconvenience and extra money I spent I should have stayed somewhere else, altogether. This is MY experience and MY opinion.

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

Hello again,

Lynn does not work on the weekends, but Fiona the owner does and has since 1991 when we were established.

I hope that we can put this issue to rest while we wait for the refund to go through. Thank you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

Isn't this covered under the $10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee that TripAdvisor offers when you book through them?

North Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

It appears that some sort of action was taken concerning this property as I do not see it posted on Bermuda Accommodations any longer.

Level Contributor
1,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NO NO NO NO to (Bermuda Rentals) Bermuda Accomadations!!!!!!

I agree with senior65, this title is way over the top. It is unfortunate that you selected an unsatisfactory rental out of the dozens that this agency offers. It seem seems that they responded appropriately and professionally to your situation and that is a testimony to their reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Over the years, I have read numerous posts from people who were thoroughly pleased with their accommodations and the hospitality of their hosts.