We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Beach Club

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,051 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pink Beach Club

Interesting story in the Royal Gazette this morning. Hotel being sold and renovated to a 5* by 2015.

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Beach Club

There was also some 'buzz' goin' 'round early in the spring that there may be a deal in the works for the old ARIEL SANDS property as well...but nothing since.

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Beach Club

Buzz about a deal for the Newstead too, and nothing further.. I think that PBC has all the elements there to be a 5 star beach front resort. Good luck to them, I enjoyed staying there back in 2007, but felt a renovation was sorely needed.

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Beach Club

No doubt the people who purchased condos ( to the tune of $3-mil+) on the un-developed portion of the PBC property will be interested in new development there.

I seem to recall that the deal that was offered for N-BH came apart because the prospective buyers were hopin' for a '..fire sale..' price and concessions from the receivers....which make ya' wonder whether it was a serious offer...or just '..fishin..' ??

But, the Fairmont Hamilton Princess property had been for sale for some time and sold....the old Carlton Beach/Sonesta/Wyndham had been on the market for a few years and sold....and now the Pink Beach Club property...so at least there's a loosening of international development capital and a renewed interest in Bermuda development. It looks as if the Par-La-Ville redevelopment project in Hamilton may get back on track.....and most likely there will be another doomed Club Med proposal floated before long (with even more colorful, artistically drawn '..architect's renderings..' to take up space at the Planning offices).

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Beach Club

just about every major guest accommodation that has closed down in the past decade or so has closed down with the new owners promising to refurbish or do major upgrades and reopen in a couple years. I really hope they do reopen but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,051 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Beach Club

The Pink Beach Club is still open I believe although it has been in receivership for some time. Reviews have been at both ends of the spectrum so hard to tell the condition of the place without seeing it for yourself. Prices are certainly high enough.

We have developed a fairly high tolerance level over the years because when you rent, at relatively low prices, you learn to accept conditions which are not often perfect. Often, particularly on Bermuda, you are sharing the property with Bermudians whose home it is and who go about their daily business all around you.

So some of the complaints we read about PBC and other properties are probably about things which wouldn't bother us as much.

6. Re: Pink Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19