We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop On Hop Off Bus

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hop On Hop Off Bus

Arriving in Bermuda at Kings Wharf (in April) the Royal Naval Dockyard ??. I've been told there's a Hop On Hop Off bus that I can use to tour the area. Was wondering where one picks it up.

(I know there's a bus line and a 1 or 2 day ticket that I can use to get around, but that's not the same as a commercial a "Hop On Hop-Off). Any info appreciated. Thanks.

USA
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus

There is a 'hop-on/hop-off '..mini-train..'-- thewestend.bm/transportation/around-dockyard/ --that makes a 'circuit' (approx. 1 mile) 'round the Royal Naval Dockyard complex (where your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship berth is located). I'm pretty sure that you the 'circuit' begins/end out on the King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier itself, with other stops located around the Dockyard complex. Not sure of all of the 'stops' 'round the 'circuit but I'm pretty sure that there's one at the 'Clock Tower' shopping mall....Snorkel Park attraction/Bermuda Craft Market/Frog & Onion Pub/Maritime Museum.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 05:20
USA
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus

When you arrive in Bermuda, pretty much all you'll need to figure out and find your way about will be paper-copies of the cleverly designed, free, folding '..BERMUDA--Handy Reference Map..'-- gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAn… --and the public BUS & FERRY SCHEDULES--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

http://www.seaexpress.bm/

Prior to your visit, you can secure a paper-copy of the map by contacting the Bermuda Dept. of Tourism--1-800-BERMUDA (237-6832). Contact them and they'll send you a full-sized (19"x 14") so that you can familiarize yourself with Bermuda's layout and relative locations.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus

The train also does trips outside the Dockyard. Not sure how far it goes but at least as far as Somerset Village. People get off at the various stops for a closer look but get straight back on again so not hop on hop off.

USA
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus

A couple/few years ago, this same 'mini-train' was used for '..South Shore Beach Excursions..'...shore excursion to the beach at Stonehole/Chaplin Bay. The excursion would begin at Dockyard and the 'mini-train' would carry passengers all the way (10 miles each way) to the parking lot at Chaplin Bay/Stonehole Bay (across from the Bermuda Regiment barracks). A mile or two aboard one of these mini-trains is fun...ten miles: torture...twenty miles: cruel & unusual punishment.

5. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17