We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner

My husband and I honeymooned in Bermuda in 2006, and will be visiting the island again during our anniversary in July. We stayed at The Reefs on our honeymoon; however, on our upcoming visit we will be staying at the Newstead Belmont Hills.

Even though our visit is six months out, I've been reading the forum and trying to get some good ideas for a special, romantic restaurant for our anniversary dinner. One place that I am strongly considering is the candlelight "dinner on the beach" at the Reefs. I seem to remember there being an upcharge if not a guest of the hotel. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
24 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Just spent Christmas and the New Year at Newstead Belmont Hills and were very happy with the choice. Had a wonderful dinner at Ascot's in Hamilton which could be a good choice for an anniversary dinner.

USA
Level Contributor
27,548 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner

If you honeymooned at The Reefs and enjoyed the experience, it wouldn't be a stretch to return there for your anniversary dinner. There's no guest-only requirement for their dinner service down on the beach. Simply make a dinner reservation (preferably prior to your arrival if a beach dinner is a high priority...limited number of table set-ups per evening) When you do, it certainly can't hurt to mention your anniversary and your past experience at The Reefs.

Other dinner-on-the-beach options are available at CAMBRIDGE BEACHES and the FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL. If dinner-on-the-beach isn't a high priority, there are lots of other fine dining choices---OCEAN ECO or COCONUTS at The Reefs,,,BREEZES or the TAMARISK ROOM at Cambridge Beaches...FOUR WAYS INN...WATERLOT INN at Fairmont Southampton Hotel...TOM MOORE'S TAVERN out in Hamilton Parish...among others.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner

How about having a romantic candlelit dinner in the French restaurant Beau Ravage? http://www.beaurivagebda.com/

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thank you all for your suggestions! I am sure that we will find something very nice and special for the occasion. I pulled up the website for Ascots.....and after reading some of the menu and wine selections, (as well as the reviews here on TAdvisor, that might be a strong possibility).

Since Beau Rivage is on the Newstead property, we will probably dine there the first night, since we'll arrive later in the afternoon....so that is also a possibility for our anniversary dinner as well.

KDKSail....I have eaten at Breezes (was included in Reefs Dine-Around) and enjoyed it. However, this time around, we might try some new spots. Tom Moore's Tavern seems to have some very positive reviews.

So, thank you all again. I'm sure that I will pop in here again with a few more questions before July rolls around.

Deb58

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
701 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner

... always make a point to eat on (yes on not at) Elbow Beach at either Mickey's Bistro or Lido ... ambiance is somewhat similar to The Sanctuary at Kiawah ... Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner

While maybe not for the anniversary dinner, I heartily recommend Mickey's Bistro on Elbow Beach. Great location and food. I would also take advantage of Newstead's location and maybe hit some of the Hamilton restaurants. Take the harbour shuttle into Port o' Call or Ascot's or Barracuda (my favorite). I am also a fan of the Dining Room out at Gibb's Light with a good menu and even better views. I have had a few very good meals at Blu as well, and you can take the Newstead's shuttle van there. Lovely views and a very eclectic menu. Enjoy the Newstead; it is one of my favorites. I will be there again in February.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Good to know. I will add Mickey's to the list!

Barracuda Grill was also our favorite when we visited in 2006. It was the only restaurant we tried ( outside of The Reefs dine-around options). Loved their fish chowder, and saw on their website it was featured in Bon Appetite magazine.

8. Re: Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 22:35
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:20