We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
470 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Are there options other than a taxi, such as a shared shuttle, to get from the airport to the Fairmont Southampton?

Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,270 Reviews
Bermuda
USA
Level Contributor
29,173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

YUP....try the shared shuttle van from--

CEO TRANSPORT--

https://www.limobermuda.com/ceo/

The fixed one-way fare is $15 per person to/from the Fairmont Southampton Hotel

Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,270 Reviews
Bermuda
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Although the $15 fare is a good deal for one person, for more than one you are getting closer to the regular taxi fare. Personally, after sitting in the confined space on a plane for two or more hours, I am glad to pay the extra amount for a regular taxi.

USA
Level Contributor
29,173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Regular, metered taxi fare between airport and the Fairmont Southampton is probably gonna' run approx. $45

Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,270 Reviews
Bermuda
Berlin...
Level Contributor
153 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

yup, it was about $40 in late Nov 2013 for 2.

I would suggest contacting the concierge to book the shuttle for you. I think they use CEO but I'm not positive; we used it on our way back to airport in Nov

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Can a regular taxi hold two people, 2 suitcases and two sets of golf clubs? Locally taxis are getting smaller all the time and this amount of luggage is a challenge to get into a hybrid.

USA
Level Contributor
29,173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

There are both regular sedan-type and mini-van-type taxis waiting at the regular taxi rank as you exit the Arrival Hall at the airport. Both types are '..metered..' the same regardless of the type. You'll pay a $1 per bag (luggage or golf) official fare surcharge for each bag that goes into the luggage compartment.

The Fairmont hotels both use the CEO TRANSPORT airport shuttle service.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

Thanks much. :)

CT
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

And when you get to the FSH stay with your bags. Last time I stayed there I turned around and the bags were gone...put back on transport back to the airport, porter thought they were departure bags. That's the nice thing about a small island, we got them back without incident. Now I can LOL.

9. Re: Getting to the Fairmont Southampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:19