We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can really use some hotel help...

New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I can really use some hotel help...

My husband and I will be planning a trip to celebrate our 10 year anniversary this summer...no kids! Since we don't want to spend a lot of our time traveling we figure Bermuda is a great option since it is only about a 2 hour flight from where we live. We are in our 30's, definitely want to be right on a beautiful beach, close to great restaurants and we do like the bigger hotel feel. While we do want relaxation we definitely want a more lively hotel. I am reading the reviews and getting so confused!

Thank you :)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

What are you confused about? Lively in what way? All the bigger hotels along the South Shore beaches have restaurants. For the most part you will need to take the bus or a taxi to go to restaurants off site.

Edited: 07 February 2014, 01:07
New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

Confused as to which hotel to book as this is a travel forum and was hoping to get some opinions on the larger resorts in Bermuda from travelers who have actually stayed at them.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

The reviews at the bottom of this page are current. On the whole hotels on Bermuda tend to be smaller than say those in Mexico for instance. There will not be the same level of entertainment. The largest hotel along the South Shore is the Fairmont Southampton, reviews below. The Reefs is very popular but is not a large resort.

Are you expecting an All Inclusive resort because the only one which comes close is Grotto Bay.

USA
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

Given that the FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL is the largest resort/hotel in Bermuda (400+ rooms), it will probably be the most "..lively..". The hotel has a lovely private, south shore, beach club on-site. In addition to the hotel's several on-site restaurants, there are several other good , off-site dining option nearby.

As noted above, the many entirely subjective (as are your own '..criteria..') Past Guest Reviews "...from travelers who have actually stayed..." at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel listed on its TA pages should provide you with more than enough additional information (in the absence of any other criteria--personal preferences, priorities, budget ??)

OR...take the time and make the effort to scroll through the TA Hotels pages researching Bermuda hotels and come up with your own 'short list' of those that might suit your criteria and come up with your own '..short list..' that interest and/or attract you....then return with more specific questions. It shouldn't be all that confusing when you apply your own personal '..filters..'.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

When looking for the right hotel you may also want to check out the

Pompano Beach Club

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/

Coco Reef Resort

http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com/

Rosewood Tucker's Point

rosewoodhotels.com/en/tuckers-point-bermuda

The Royal Palms Hotel

Boston...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

Been to Bermuda 16 times and are planning our 17th this August (Kids back to school) (Cambridge Beach has a age policy all year long I think) We love Bermuda!!! Short flt from Boston about 2 hours, easy customs much different than Mexico, DR or any of the same type locations that you spend a day travel both going and coming. We have stayed in a number of hotels on the island and have found our favorite at the Pompano.(Not many kids at the end of summer) That being said the night life other than perhaps in Hamilton (Many great pubs) is rather quite and nothing like the AI in Mexico ect... A late night at many of the small hotels will probable be around 11:00 pm. The entertainment can range at the hotels from a DJ, to a piano player, small bands to perhaps a steel drum band. Large hotels today on Bermuda are the Fairmont hotels and the Rosewood Tuckers Point, again nothing compared to the large AI hotels.

Where ever you may select I am sure you will have a great time.

7. Re: I can really use some hotel help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:21