We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

US
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

Hi! I'm hoping an expert can assist! I've found the bus timetables for getting around Bermuda, but I have a question. I am staying very close to Horseshoe Bay. I know that there are convenient bus stops along Rt. 7 and Rt. 8 that I can take. The timetables show only the times the buses leave Hamilton or leave the Dockyard.

How do I find out the exact time the buses leave the bus stop closest to my rental place?

And, is there a website to find the name of all the bus stops along a given bus route?

In addition to the above, can anyone tell me the bus ride time from Hamilton city to Horseshoe Bay on Rt. &? How about the Rt. 7 bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay? In addition on Rt. 8 bus the bus ride time from Hamilton City to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza? and lastly Dockyard to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza?

Thanks in advance!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

The short answer is no we can't give you exact times. And no there is no website to give you all the stops. However the stops are mainly not far apart. The timetable has a short list showing approximate times between some stops. It's about 30 minutes or so from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and about the same from Hamilton to H.B. give or take.

We just head out to our bus stop and prepare to wait, you get the feel of the schedule after a while.

USA
Level Contributor
27,944 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

The "..short answer.." is about as good as it gets. But for the '..long answer..'... added confusion and even less comprehension (making the 'short answer' just so much better)...here goes......

>>>...How do I find out the exact time the buses leave the bus stop closest to my rental place?...<<<

You can't. There is NO fixed schedule for individual bus stops along a route. Arrival times will be subject to the vagaries of surface traffic/time-of-day, number of passengers, how many intermediate stops en route, etc. So, it's pretty much impossible to provide a specific schedule per stop along a route. But you can '..gues-timate..' arrival times at individual, intermediate bus stops along some routes by using the '..Average Running Time..' estimates from the published Bus Schedules (below each route schedule) way-points places along a route-- http://tinyurl.com/p7gk8gm

>>>... the bus ride time from Hamilton city to Horseshoe Bay on Rt. &? How about the Rt. 7 bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay?.......Rt. 8 bus the bus ride time from Hamilton City to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza? and lastly Dockyard to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza?<<<

The only Bus route that goes to Horseshoe Bay form BOTH directions (Hamilton & Dockyard) is the #7--Hamilton-Via South Shore Beaches-Dockyard.

The #7--Hamilton-Via South Shore Beaches-Barnes Corners sub-route does NOT go all the way to the Dockyard terminus. BARNES CORNERS is located at the western intersection (in Southampton Parish) of South Road & Middle Road

'..Gues-timating..' from the above '..Average Running Time..' from the schedule--

Route #7--FROM Hamilton to Horeseshoe Bay---approx...28-29 mins

Route #7--FROM Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay--approx....34-35 mins.

Route #8--FROM Hamilton to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza---approx.29-30 mins.

Route #8--FROM Dockyard to Heron Bay Shopping Plaza---approx.33-34 mins.

>>>...And, is there a website to find the name of all the bus stops along a given bus route?...<<<

The Ministry of Transport must have a listing of locations of individual bus stops but this listing is evidently not available to the general public. Even if there is, many Bus stops along a route are simply going to be a tall, 4" diameter BLUE pole (relative route direction AWAY from Hamilton) or a PINK pole (relative route direction TO Hamilton) and these poles might simply be standing along the side of the road, nowhere near to an identifiable '..intersection..'. The closest you might get to any sort of detailed '..route map is-- bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000070.htm --and this probably isn't going to be very much practical use to you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

Also be aware that there are some very scary stops with absolutely nowhere to stand but right on the road. You haven't lived until you've waited at some of those !!! However, we've lived to tell the tale after scaring ourselves to near death after waiting many times at the stop just to the west of Somerset Bridge. The worst part was getting off the bus and standing pressed against the wall until the bus moved off, never knowing what was coming behind it and hoping that they would see us.

Strangely enough I've never read anything about people being mown down at bus stops!!

A lot safer near where we have been staying lately, with a sidewalk and even a bus shelter. Bliss !!

Edited: 01 June 2014, 17:09
USA
Level Contributor
27,944 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

>>>..Strangely enough I've never read anything about people being mown down at bus stops!!...<<<.

No... but any number of people with pink paint on their noses and bus tire tread marks across their toeses.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

Many a true word is spoken in jest !!

US
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your answers and quick responses!

Levittown...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

When I was in Bermuda last we took the bus. I fopund it very frustrating to not have a map of stops. How do I know if the stop I want is coming up? How do I know when to get off? Last time we were only going all the way from Hamilton to the Dockyard. This time I want to get off at Warwick Long Bay Beach. How do I know when to get off? Help!!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

If you ask the driver nicely he will tell you when the bus gets to your stop.

9. Re: Bermuda Bus Information Needed Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15