We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

Are there any day tours that would allow us to combine both sea & land sightseeing in one day on Bermuda ?

We would like to visit a few major landmarks such as Gibbs Lighthouse, Georgetown, Horseshoe Bay etc, but would also love to go out snorkelling the reefs. We are NOT cruise ship passengers, so would have all day. But we are not millionaire either, so nothing too OTT price wise.

Any suggestions or close alternatives would be appreciated

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

It's very easy to get around the island using the usually excellent bus and ferry system. I think that you mean St George's when you say Georgetown. You could also arrange a four or five hour sightseeing time with one of the Blue Flag taxi drivers. Do a search through previous posts for lots of information about snorkeling and other things to do.

When will you be on the island? Where will you be staying? How long? This information will help us give you better help.

USA
Level Contributor
27,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no tour or excursion operators in Bermuda that offer "..combo sea/land...tours..", with or without snorkeling as a portion. The closest you might get to it is the relatively new--

HIDDEN GEMS of BERMUDA--

http://www.bermudahiddengems.com/

--tour operator that offers swimming in a natural limestone cave (optional) within Tom Moore's Jungle as a portion o their tours. I suppose if ya' brought along your own mask 'n fins, that might qualify as '..snorkeling..'.

As noted above, it isn't at all difficult making your own way out 'n about in Bermuda. You could easily do a land tour in the AM and still have time to do a snorkeling excursion out to the reef in the PM....or do one one day and the other another....to leave time for leisurely lunches and lazing on pink sandy beaches in between.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 23:02
Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

Many thanks to you both.

We just arrived here now, but leave in a couple of days (its an add on to a New York trip).

Will follow up your suggestions by researching more in the directions pointed to us this afternoon. However, we are already so blown away by the beauty of Bermuda that I can't help feeling we will be back - but next time for longer !

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

Sounds good to me !!

5. Re: Are There Any Sea/Land Combo Day Tours ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16