We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing our wedding vows

CapeCod
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Renewing our wedding vows

Does anyone know of a minister or pastor that would assist my wife and I with a simple 20 year renewal of our wedding vows on a beach somewhere?

The only advice I have received was to call each church and check in with them, but I was hoping to find someone who has already done this and may have a name for me?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Renewing our wedding vows

I don't know where you are staying in Bermuda but I notice that you did a review of Granaway some time ago. If you are staying there try asking the Ashtons if they can recommend someone.

USA
Level Contributor
27,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renewing our wedding vows

Since an officiant at ceremony simply renewing wedding vows wouldn't need to be ordained or 'licensed', you could use almost anyone...as example: bartenders (though they might know more about the numerous ways that people 'break' wedding vows than 'renewing' them...so maybe not the best choice), taxi drivers, head waiters (they usually have their own tuxedoes), ferry captains (aren't they authorized to perform temporary 'marriages' aboard Pink, Blue and Orange routes ??...though not the Green route for some reason), the 'Towne Criers' in Hamilton and Saint George's, the Drum Major of the Bermuda Regiment Band (the uniform is tough to top for photo ops).

But perhaps telephoning the concierge at your hotel and asking for a list of possible candidates might be the best idea. Odds are you won't be the first guests to renew wedding vows in Bermuda.

Oak Hill, VA
Level Contributor
10 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renewing our wedding vows

Did you ever get an answer? We are going in May for our 20th and would love to renew our vows on a beach.

CapeCod
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renewing our wedding vows

Here is the email of a great pastor that performed our ceremony

deanandjonelle@gmail.com

5. Re: Renewing our wedding vows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2016, 05:16