We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smile for today

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smile for today

An article in the Royal Gazette this morning quotes a Wedco spokes person as saying that the minibuses being used for the new service to the beaches have a capacity of 200 to 300. It's only when you read further that you realize that he is referring to the total capacity of a fleet of 10 to 15 buses.

Apparently they are having teething problems, bad communication re service amongst other things.

Anyway I spent a few minutes imagining some enormous vehicle trying to navigate the winding roads to Horseshoe Bay. I'm easily amused as you can tell.

USA
Level Contributor
27,333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smile for today

>>>...Anyway I spent a few minutes imagining some enormous vehicle trying to navigate the winding roads to Horseshoe Bay. I'm easily amused as you can tell...<<<

You're not the only one....surplus London '..double-deckers..' ??....articulated '..bendy buses..' ??...what did they call that 'magical' bus from the Harry Potter films that changed shapes ??...the '..Knight Bus..' ??

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Smile for today

Still having problems according to the Gazette this morning.

USA
Level Contributor
27,333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smile for today

This whole business is beginning to take on the unpleasant aroma of '..tourist rip-off..'...a smell that's seldom (if ever) been associated with Bermuda.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 16:46
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Smile for today

I can understand why cruise ship passengers who want to use the ferry and also go to the beach are not happy with the new arrangements. They bought the pass and then found that they couldn't use it on the minibuses. Instead, they are being charged $16 return trip.

Some of the fault probably lies with the visitors who don't bother to do any research before they arrive or don't pay enough attention to information they are given on arrival. But the onus is really on Bermuda, WEDCO et al to make sure that everyone knows what they are doing.

Perhaps a notice up where the passes were being sold explaining the new arrangements would have helped. Not sure if that was done.

The Special buses seemed to have worked pretty well. Has any reason been given for the change to the minibuses?

Edited: 08 August 2014, 18:41
5. Re: Smile for today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17