We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what days are the cruise ships in port?

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
what days are the cruise ships in port?

looking to go shopping, sight see and explore..... If I remember correctly, Monday and Fridays are good days to go out and about avoiding the crowds. Is it still true?

USA
Level Contributor
27,934 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

These days during most of the '..cruise season..' it's difficult to find '..holes..' in the schedule of port-call days....but arrival frequency drops off during September, with fewer scheduled port calls. You can check your travel dates against the schedule and find your own 'holes'--

2014 BERMUDA CRUISE SHIP SCHEDULE--

marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedul…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

Cruise ships arrive at Bermuda practically every weekday. But I’d say any day of the week is a good day to go out and explore the island.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

Agreed....everyday is a good day to explore! But, for ease of shopping in Hamilton, it was always best to go on certain days to avoid the ship crowds. I can't imagine what it is like now with the "mega ships" being in port. Just looking to avoid that.

Edited: 12 September 2014, 15:29
USA
Level Contributor
27,934 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

>>>...ease of shopping in Hamilton, it was always best to go on certain days to avoid the ship crowds...<<<

You must remember when the cruise ships berthed in downtown Hamilton. The last place in Bermuda ya' wanted to be was on Front Street on a Thursday or Friday, a couple of hours before a ship was scheduled to sail. There was always a last-minute '..shopping frenzy..' (sharks who hadn't had a decent meal in days were less aggressive) among cruise passengers in all the stores and shops. These days, the only 'crowds' in downtown Hamilton tend to be local residents going about their usual work-day routine.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

Thanks KDK....that is what I wanted to read!

6. Re: what days are the cruise ships in port?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 05:15