We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont rent scooters

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dont rent scooters

get bus passes they are 40 dollars for 24 hrs and you and your family have ferry service also to congested to ride and also they dont advise you of the amount of scooters that are being rented 4 or five cruise ships 4000 to 5000 passenger getting of the ship i was in a terrible accident spent 3 days in the hospital there and 2 days in the states please dont rent also the bus attendants will stop were every you want and they run frequently i almost bleed to death my fermol artery burst in my knee another thing only travel norweigen cruise line they pick me up a week later at no charge and gave my husband and i 2 night specialty dinners on them and i cruise and extra day have fun be safe

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: dont rent scooters

are you related in some way you are spending to much energy on this ,im not stupid i know my rights and this was an unsafe thing i did but would have changed my mind if i had ridden around with some supervision on a track and probably would not rented the scooter, From his own words Mr Gibbons stated that scooter safety must be improved for the safety of the tourist that get off cruise ships.He stated this at a board meeting.Livery and cycle commerce.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: dont rent scooters

Enough is enough people. This is going nowhere. colordf, you should do what you want to do, but really it's nothing to do with this forum. Save your energy for the lawyers, there's no point in discussing it with us. I, personally wouldn't dream of riding a scooter and It's obvious from what you say that in hindsight you wouldn't ride one either. Good luck with the lawsuit, but really this is no longer travel related and you would be wise to not write any more on a public forum. Oleander reads this too you know.

USA
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: dont rent scooters

>>>are you related in some way you are spending to much energy on this<<<

Nope...not related in any way, shape or form, personally or professionally to Oleander Cycles or any other cycle rental agency in Bermuda...except as a long-standing, paying client.

>>>..,im not stupid...<<<

PERHAPS not.....but I KNOW that there is a large open area within the Royal Naval Dockyard complex that may most certainly be used for practice riding (can't possibly ride out of the Docyard complex without riding right past it)...and you quite evidently IGNORED it in your haste to get out into traffic on a wholey UN-familiar motor vehicle...on whholey UN-familiar roads...riding on the '..wrong..' side of the road...to your own peril....and then attempts to blame everyone else for their own reckless carelessness. Now that's STUPID !!

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: dont rent scooters

Thank you for your advice Bermuda is a beauiful palace,I had to stay in a Hotel for 7 days and i recommend the Coco Reef Resort WOW what breath taking views Ever morning waking up to that see to the bottom water although i was able to swim but just looking and smelling the ocean air was very tranquil.The staff couldnt do enough for my husband and I.We had a reasonable rate room not facing the ocean ,but when i arrived there from the Hospital they put us in ocean views first floor no additional cost.Pick us up and brought us to have breakfast and dinner.Not being able to travel anywhere it was a great place to be stuck.Sorry about my problem I want Oleander to read this,All Im trying to do is to make sure people are up for the risk,and not to be as dumb as me.I cant wait to visit Bermuda again I met a Wonderful women at the resturant were my husband i had lunch the DAY OF and has invited us back to stay with her she is visiting the States soon and hoping we will get to visit together. There is a genlemen by the name of Sticks what a sweetheart he gave me his jacket because I was cold how sweet is that. Forget that happening in the States,they would say not my problem LOL.If you want to go to a really out of the way place thats quiet and peaceful Nolin Lakes Kentucky. The water is 80 dregrees and its located on a Mountain its Majestic ttfn

Denville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: dont rent scooters

You kill me I did not call you stupid, make a suggestion to Oleanders to make a track there for practice.Im not familiar with the Dockyards I was trying to learn how to operate the scooter without running into a bus or a person.Also staying to the left OK so have a great life and peace be with you

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: dont rent scooters

I agree with you on avoiding scooters in Bermuda and even in Boston. A close relative had a bad accident with a vespa like scooter in Boston with a very busy intersection, ended in the hospital, major concussion, road rash, broken bone, but after months of physical therapy, still has some after effects. Had a good helmet that was smashed, just thankful that there was a helmet.... Be safe as you can possibly be anywhere.

37. Re: dont rent scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about St. George