We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"St. Georges Club" timeshare

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
"St. Georges Club" timeshare

Hello everyone,

Just found an AMAZING deal at the St. Georges Club in Bermuda on a Getaway through Interval International. It has just been added to Interval and I guess the price is so low to attract "New buyers" from the States. Has anyone stayed here and have any pros/cons to this timeshare? How far is it from the airport? Thanks for all your answers

: >

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

i haven't stayed, but i know many who have and they all seem generally happy with it. read reviews here tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147256-d276908…

st georges is at the east end of the island, about ten minutes from the airport. no cruise ships visit on a regular basis anymore so things are pretty quiet down there. there are decent restaurants in the town as well, a popular one wit locals is wahoo. one of my favourites is the beach house, which is actually part of st geo club, located off-site at achilles bay overlooking north shore with unobstructed sunset views.

you can get in and out of st geo by ferry mon-sat and seven days on the bus from about 7am-11pm and takes about an hour to/from hamilton. taxi will run you about $50. there are four beaches, all small, some tiny. tobacco bay, achilles bay, ft st catherine beach and building's bay at alexandra battery. all can be walked, the furthest being buildings bay, about 20-30mins at a slow meander. i used to live in st geo and loved it, suited me just fine, but some feel a little isolated down there, especially since it's so quiet.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

I don't know anything about the St George's Club apart from what I read but I do like staying in the town. There's a very good bus service but it does take a while to get to other parts of the island. A lot depends on what you expect from a vacation whether you will be happy there. I'm always happy there, love the little lanes and alleys. So pretty and picturesque.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

Thanks so much for the great info. I know I can't go wrong for the price I paid, if I don't have a great time, it's m own fault! No matter where I go or stay, my me and my husband ALWAYS have a great time and make the best of things. I am needing a 1 night stay and found a place in Southhampton, does it make sense to stay here or find a place closer to St. G's? Thanks

Guilford,CT
Level Contributor
10 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

My husband and I have owned a cottage at St George's Club for over 28 years. It is a wonderful place very close to the airport. Southhampton is an hour away so you would be much better off to find something closer like Grotto Bay or maybe you can stay at St George's Club an extra night. sometimes people have to leave early and housekeeping will move you to your cottage the next day. We love the club and have made lifelong friends from the states who come every year. Hope you have a GREAT time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

I am so excited and can't wait. I did inquire about 1 night and the cost is $400! DeeDee also recommended the Grotto Bay for around $250, which I thought might be close to what we are paying in S.Hampton. Especially since we need to get there and back the next day to leave. For what we paid for the "Getaway" for the week is the cost for 1 night!!!!!! (ouch)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

P.S. Is the Rail trail close to the club? I'm hoping we can walk/bike for our daily exercise : >

USA
Level Contributor
28,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

You can access the BERMUDA RAILWAY TRAIL-- http://www.bermudarailway.net/ --quickly and easily from the Saint George's Club. This section of the BRT runs the length of Saint George's Island (approx. 2¾--3 mi.) to FERRY REACH PARK (with a short section that skirts the oil delivery dock and tank farm) with some wonderful north shore views, past Lover's Lake and Whale Bone Bay (look for traces of black volcanic sand here)..

But you'll probably get sufficient exercise walking 'round the Saint George's Golf Course and along the east shore road (Barry Rd.) from Tobacco Bay out to Gates Fort & Town Cut (approx. 1¼ mi.) then back 'round from Gates Fort, along Saint George's Harbour to downtown Saint George's along Cut Road (approx. ¾--1 mi.).

8. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 19:34
USA
Level Contributor
28,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

>>>... I read the reviews before I left and was VERY nervous to say the least by all the bad things people had to say:...<<<

At lerast some of what you heard or read was probably true. For a time, they allowed the Saint George's Club '..run down..'. But, over ythe past couple/few years, they've been up-dating and up-grading and catching up on projects that should've been part 'n parcel of a regular maintenance & up-grade program. There's been a very noticeable improvement in the property.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 19:50
10. Re: "St. Georges Club" timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:19