We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
145 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

Saw on the internet that the Swizzle Inn has a second location in Warwick I believe. How far from Pompano Beach to there? Can you take a bus?

Mentioned in this post
Swizzle Inn
Swizzle Inn
1,194 Reviews
Bermuda
Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach
Broward County, FL
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

Yes. you can take a bus, but make sure that you get on the South Shore route bus, #7. You will have a choice of two routes from Pompano, the #7 which goes along the South Shore and the #8 which continues along Middle Road after Barnes Corner. Probably about 15 - 20 minutes. Might be a good idea to get a taxi back to avoid the long steep climb up to Pompano from the road or having to wait for them to send someone down to pick you up. Buses will be a bit scarce late at night.

Mentioned in this post
Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach
Broward County, FL
USA
Level Contributor
29,029 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

The SWIZZLE INN-South Shore location is approx. six(6) miles east of Pompano Beach Club...on the South Road at the intersection with Dunscombe Road (nr; Warwick GAS station, Surf Side hotel).

You can take the #7-Dockyard-Via South Shore Beaches-Hamilton public bus route, from the bus stop at the 1/2 mile entrance drive for PBC, up on the South Rd. (PBC provides on-demand shuttle service out to and back from the bus stop). The bus ride (with some genuine 'take-your-breath-away' views along the way should take approx. 18-20 mins. This same bus route services all of the great south shore beaches (Church Bay, Horseshoe Bay, Chaplain Bay/Stonehole Bay, Warwick Long Bay/Jobson's Cove, Astwood Cove, Elbow Beach) and also the Henry VIII restaurant & pub (another source of great '..pub entertainment..' in the evenings.

The '..catch..' to the #7 bus service is that the Last Bus of the Day for the #7 route runs at 9:15 PM (Mon-thru-Sat....approx....so approx 9:40 PM from the Swizzle Inn location)...so it will be a taxi ride home from the pub later in the evenings (approx. $18-20).

Mentioned in this post
Pompano Beach Club
Pompano Beach Club
1,450 Reviews
Bermuda
Horseshoe Bay Beach
Horseshoe Bay Beach
2,972 Reviews
Bermuda
Elbow Beach
Elbow Beach
488 Reviews
Bermuda
Church Bay Beach
Church Bay Beach
241 Reviews
Bermuda
Swizzle Inn
Swizzle Inn
1,194 Reviews
Bermuda
Henry VIII Restaurant
Henry VIII Restaurant
582 Reviews
Bermuda
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

When I was there, it did not seem to me to be on a par with the original location.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

I agree with Bob1717. To our taste Henry VIII's, also on South Road and closer to Pompano, offers good service and does a better job with food.

Mentioned in this post
Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach
Broward County, FL
USA
Level Contributor
29,029 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

Not really a fair comparison. Swizzle Inn is a pub that also offers a limited 'pub grub' menu. Henry VIII is a full-fledged restaurant (one of Bermuda's better restaurants) that also has a pub on-premises.

Mentioned in this post
Swizzle Inn
Swizzle Inn
1,194 Reviews
Bermuda
Henry VIII Restaurant
Henry VIII Restaurant
582 Reviews
Bermuda
Bermuda
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

I would recommend that you go for lunch... the Mediterranean chicken sandwich with spicy fries is SO good!

I just love their spicy fries though hehe

7. Re: Swizzle Inn - Second Location in Warwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish