We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

Hello we will be staying at The Reefs for our anniversary-my husband surprised me with the trip and I haven't had a lot of time to do research-our first time to Bermuda-I have heard the island is quite formal--we are pretty much laid back-any suggestions on anything would be appreciated!

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

Bermuda's '..formality..' probably went out with the Reagan administration. Though Bermuda isn't as '..laid back..' as many third-world, 'all-inclusive' vacation destinations...the most 'formal' dress code that you're likely to encounter for dinners at The Reefs (and almost every other better restaurant in Bermuda) is '..Smart/Resort Casual..'. This most usually equates to long pants/no jeans (though proper Bermuda shorts and knee socks are always acceptable) and collared shirts for men in the dining rooms. And, no nude sunbathing at the pool....so you'll have to risk the heart-break of dreaded '..tan lines..' when you return home.

baltimore
Level Contributor
696 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

Remember to bring water shoes(corral), mask and snorkle(assuming you like the ocean). The Reefs is one of the Best- good choice Hubby.

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

>>>Remember to bring water shoes(corral), mask and snorkle<<<

'water shoes' are always a good idea for general beachcombing along Bermuda's many other magnificent, south shore beaches...but there really isn't any necessity for packing snorkeling gear...as The Reefs make this equipment available to hotel guests. The snorkeling at the eastern-end (to your left as you face the ocean) of the beach at The Reefs is pretty good...and close enough to the bar at Coconuts to have drinks delivered down to the surf line.

4. Re: Staying at The Reefs Nov 10-Nov 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish