We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea Time?

Boston MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tea Time?

Would love recommendations for an afternoon tea time . Have been to the one at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and would like to try something different - perhaps someplace with an ocean view if that exists. I understand both Elbow Beach and Fairmont Southhampton offer tea - any feedback on those or other recommendations?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea Time?

If you settle for a pot of tea and some dessert you could probably get that at the Pickled Onion or Flanagan's on their outdoor balconies overlooking Hamilton Harbour. Perhaps have a glass of champagne or Prosecco with it.

USA
Level Contributor
28,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea Time?

Depends on what you're looking for in the way of '..afternoon tea..'?? The Afternoon Tea served at Heritage Court at the Hamilton Princess is definitely the best place (perhaps the only place left) in Bermuda, in terms of a '..proper..' formal Tea service.

The remaining places that might interest you that still serve an afternoon tea are places like The Reefs Hotel...but their afternoon tea is primarily for hotel guest...but you can probably arrange to drop-in as a paying patron and take tea out on the terrace, with spectacular, south shore, ocean views from the clifftops. You could e-mail them ( generalinfo@thereefs.bm ) to find out if their afternoon tea service is open to paying non-guests ??

Most of the other better locations (Ponciana Terrace at Waterloo House, the Lighthouse Tea Room at Gibb's Hill Light, Mrs. T's Tea Room at Willow bank) are now gone.

If all you want is a pot of tea and some pastry (unfortunately no ocean views) you could try stopping at TEMPTATIONS TWO on Duke of York St. in Saint George's (nr: St. Peter's Church) or The PASTRY SHOP-- http://www.cpastrybermuda.com/About_Us.html --out at Dockyard.

baltimore
Level Contributor
677 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea Time?

Rosedon Hotel ?(across from Princess), in Hamilton- nice older porch- even though suppose to be guests- they charged a small fee for each of us- good finger sandwhiches.

USA
Level Contributor
28,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea Time?

I forgot the 'proper' Afternoon Tea service at the JASMINE LOUNGE, just off of the main lobby at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel--

fairmont.com/NR/…Afternoon_Tea.pdf

Boston MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea Time?

Thanks - lots of choices - much appreciated!

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea Time?

The Reefs also offers Tea at 4:00 in the lounge overlooking the ocean. Tea, Lemonade, tea sandwiches, crumpets and cookies are offered. I never heard of a fee for this...and I think anyone can stop by and enjoy this lovely tradition. However, I doubt that they are offering tea now until about April 1st as the hotel is closed for renovations.

USA
Level Contributor
28,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea Time?

>>>The Reefs also offers Tea at 4:00 in the lounge overlooking the ocean. Tea, Lemonade, tea sandwiches, crumpets and cookies are offered. I never heard of a fee for this...and I think anyone can stop by and enjoy this lovely tradition.<<<

To the best of my knowledge...the afternoon tea service at The Reefs Hotel (as at Rosedon and other hotel properties) is intended for guests of the hotel. No one checks guest IDs or requires room numbers at these events...so I suppose that a non-guest could drop-in easily enough and take up cup, saucer and scone and mingle but.......

On the other hand, a non-guest can just as easily drop in, speak to someone at the front desk and arrange to pay whatever charge they might assess for the afternoion tea service and be welcomed to the hotel. At the same time, they might also ask for a tour of the property and to see what the rooms, facilities and amenities are like for a future visit.

8. Re: Tea Time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish