We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reefs dress code

Which Southampton Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montville, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Reefs dress code

I just read about the "resort elegant" dress code - is this actually enforced? It's a beach resort, I can't fathom not wearing some of the forbidden clothing (tank top, flip flops, jeans). I understand that it's a nice resort, and I don't expect to see people in the restaurants in their bathing suits. However, on a beach in 90 degrees, how can women not have some type of flip flop on, walking through the hotel to the beach? And a tank top? Do I really have to cover up my arms or make sure to wear short sleeves there instead of tank top shirts? If anyone has gone to The Reefs, we appreciate your replies. Hopefully they are putting out all those rules in a general effort to have people look simply nice/clean/proper, but they don't actually apply all those strict rules. I was planning on traveling in jeans for the flight, but the dress code the hotel emailed me says that no jeans are allowed. Do people truly not wear jeans at this resort? Thanks in advance for your response.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Reefs dress code

I just took a look at the Reef's website. As far as I can see the dress rules that you refer to apply to evening dining. I see nothing about dress at other times.

Montville, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Reefs dress code

Thank you!

USA
Level Contributor
27,550 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Reefs dress code

It's no accident that the shooting locations for Snooki, Vinny, JWoww and The Situation were along the 'Jersey shore....and NOT Bermuda.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Reefs dress code

The dining code in the reefs is said to be smart casual.

You better watch out.

You should be ok with wearing shorts, but they may still be strict about jeans

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Reefs dress code

Been to Bermuda 15 times over the last thirty years number 16 this Aug and find that the dress code has changed quite a bit over the years, good thing you didn't go years ago as you would have seen all the men in tie and jacket along with the woman in dresses.(You still will see it at a number of places in the evening and they do not look out of place.)

As stated this is "BERMUDA" a more upscale type of location than Mexico, DR or other destinations and even at the AI type resorts many of the dinning location other than the buffets require a more business casual dress.

Have some fun, your on vacation don't sweat the small stuff, dress up at night (Not a tux) have great meals or order a pizza, room service or dine at one of the islands pubs.

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Reefs dress code

The dress code is only for dinner. We were at the Reefs recently, and people wore shorts, flip flops, cover-ups. etc. the rest of the time. You can certainly check in in jeans. Just pack some nicer outfits for dinner and you're all set. Have a wonderful trip. The Reefs is fantastic!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
8 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Reefs dress code

We just returned from The Reefs in September. We saw people dresssed for dinner and breakfast in everything from jacket and tie to shorts and golf shirts. I did not see anyone in jeans. You can certainly walk to and from your room to the beach in a bathing suit. I observed that most women wore dresses for dinner and men wore shorts, slacks and a dress shirt, golf shirt or Tommy Bahama style shirt. We really enjoyed our stay. The beach is perfect, food excellent, staff very good. They have 30% off rooms right now and the MAP plan includes airport transfers. Be sure to stay in a cliffside room.

8. Re: The Reefs dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish