We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice?

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice?

I'm currently considering the Tamarind Cove, Crystal Cove, and Colony Club on the west coast, and the Bougainvillea on the south coast for an early June anniversary trip. I'm most concerned with 1) a nice, clean room, 2) well-kept grounds, 3) a nice, sandy white beach (that isn't too crowded, if that's possible!). We're planning to go snorkeling and waterskiing, which is one of the reasons those 4 ended up on the list as those are complimentary at these hotels. I'm a fairly picky and not-adventurous eater, so an exotic cuisine is not a selling point. Any recommendations between these 4?

Thanks!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice?

Have you tried clicking "hotels " & scrolling to the one's you are considering to see what people who have been there recently may think?All the places you have looked at are really nice.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice?

I have read all the reviews, which is what brought about the questions :) I guess I was looking to see if anyone had any advice on one resort over another as the reviews themselves don't normally compare to other hotels.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice?

Ok, i see, well...all the hotels are great,it's just west-v-south really, West coast beaches tend to be more narrow with coral /rocks, better for snorkelling than purely swimming perhaps,South coast beaches are more expansive & wider I think the sand is whiter but that could be an illusion

Crystal is further down & a bit more isolated than the other two, Colony & Tamarind are either side of Holetown & nearer shops etc. Bougainvillea is a very nice(3*+?) I have no personal experience but seems super maybe not the "class" of the others

For what it's worth I would go for Colony Club (west) Bougainvillea(south) Bougainvillea probably has the more relaxed atmosphere whereas Colony is (or tries to be) more formal & I think is more American in style.

Beaches are seldom crowded- certainly not on the west coast.

Beware "free" snorkelling can mean "here's a mask(YUK)off you go", not a boat trip to a reef.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice?

You could, of course, try both- two centre- one island- twice (or half!) the experience!

5. Re: Hotel advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:20