We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building Work next to Beach View hotel

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Building Work next to Beach View hotel

We are staying at The Beach View Hotel first week in December and are concerned to hear mention of noise from a building development next door. I have scoured the internet and TA forums but can't find out any more. Does anyone have any recent experience or detailed information.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

I passed by Beach View yesterday and they are building new apartments right next door to the existing ones. Large Crane sticking up, and all the usual building site accoutrements. I reckon this Project will take some time , but what affect it will have on the Hotel Pool etc I couldn't say. However, a building project with no accompanying noise has yet to exist.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,313 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

to add to Westie's comments - see posts #13-#16 link below

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262…

Level Contributor
738 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

We are supposed to be going to beachview next April and this work is longterm. I believe that the foundations are started and the heavy work is going on now. After that the villas and apartments should go in. But this will be happening over the next six or more months. As I mentioned in my other post definitely ask for discount. These apartments and villas are for sale and a good many have already sold. The work is at the southern end of the complex.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 01:41
Level Contributor
738 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

My sources tell me that this building will go on until November 2018 and started may 2017. Therefore anyone looking to go to beachview should seek a discount and I hope that this building is mentioned in the website or you are told when booking. I do not know what time the construction work begins at. I imagine no noise in the evenings and if you go to the beach during day it will be fine. However if you are a pool person this might be a deal breaker.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 02:09
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

Thank you for yourreplyanothersadowner, that's where I first saw it mentioned. I was also hoping to hear from people who'd stayed recently to get a feel for the amount of noise, etc.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 12:03
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

Thank you for all your replies, I'd checked the website and couldn't find any mention of the building work. I get the feeling people feel a discount might be in order so will give a try.

Level Contributor
738 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

I would definitely ask. Is there nothing on the beachview website stating that there are works ongoing? If there is not a mention, then this is most unfair.

Edited: 16 October 2017, 00:27
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

Thanks. I've scoured their website and there's definitely nothing that I could see, if there is it's very well hidden. As I made the reservation through booking.com I contacted them first but they just replied saying that any pricing queries should be dealt with directly with the hotel.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,313 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

Email: info@beachviewbarbados.com

10. Re: Building Work next to Beach View hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2017, 14:38