We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
72 reviews
Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Royal Westmoreland have intentions of privatising Mullins Beach Bar and part of the beach.

They have for some years now placed private sunbeds and umbrellas for RW residents only and in doing so monopolising that area of the beach directly by the restaurant and bar.

It now seems they want to take it over completely!

It is a lovely restaurant and bar for all tourists to visit and has a great deck for a sundowner.

Here is a link to a petition to try to out a halt to this. Please sign if you are a visitor to this place.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-mullins-beach-bar-from-becoming-a-royal-westmoreland-private-club.html?sh=qINcfmtbRtdY3uZ4VQLPqYayRlf+lh6R9Uh7ORQUcEujWZw%3D

Island Explorer Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours
Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Reef Princess
Sightseeing Tours
52 replies to this topic
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Didn’t they try and do the same thing last year ?

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Babiface -- maybe they can privatize the restaurant by buying it out -- but surely the Beach will remain Public - can;tsee locals/Gvt permitting a beach to be privatized other than around the legal boundary of the property --- How is Nikki Beach doing it ?-- haven;t they had to Build a beach to privatize (not familiar with any of this so just asking questions for info please)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Not a favourite beach of mine because it is so small but I hate the constant attempt at monopolising of beaches. Petition signed.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

The buy out of the restaurant and bar will be a great shame if it is to be for the sole use of RW guests and owners.

As for the beach they surely cannot corden that off so I guess that will remain as it is now with their chairs monopolising that part of it.

I know nothing about the ins and outs of Nikki Beach.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

petition signed

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,562 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Petition signed, but this is not the first time. R W built a wall blocking the beach many years ago and was made to take it down. I don't like Mullins Beach mainly because of the preferential treatment afforded to R W , but this just cannot happen.

ASO Nikki Beach is not yet open.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Aren't they in the process of having to Build the Beach Westie? --- can't just take over a beach for private use -- that was tried when the wall was built to block of Mullins wasn;t it ---it was torn down - pickets and protests and big hullaballoo

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,562 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Yes ASO, Nikki Beach is constructing a beach as Port Ferdinand does not have one. I don't know if it will be membership only and neither do I care -----------------I shall not be joining the inevitable Paparazzi, Reality TV "stars" and Russians who will no doubt frequent it thank you.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Well as long as those sorts of people stay there and some others at SL swanning around -- no chance of having them mess up regular beaches for regular people who just like to be left alone and to enjoy the Real Barbados - pity if Mullins becomes a no go for reg families whose kids want to play on the "icerberg" etc --- maybe a new beach bar will spring up for regular folks either on Mullins further down a bit or elsewhere (hopefully not on Gibbes wouldn;t be popular with those who like peace and quiet) ... hopefully TPlanning will accept a new beach bar location near by

Essex
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
265 reviews
10. Re: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland

Several years ago we enjoyed Mullins beach however more recently the only attraction for us is the live music along with some food and drink at the bar on a Sunday afternoon. Presumably if this goes ahead we will not be able to enjoy the bar on a Sunday afternoon as we do not stay at RW?

I imagine Nikki beach will be popular with cruise passengers and possibly guests from a certain AI hotel on the south coast.

Donna

Reply to: Mullins Beach Bar to be privatised by Royal Westmoreland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted