We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling/island excursion

Tri-Cities...
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling/island excursion

I have searched the forum and haven't seen a recent post asking this, so here goes.

What would be your best snorkeling/ catamaran excursion.

This is our first time to Barbados and we will be staying at the All Season Resort during the last of Jan-and into Feb.

I am also trying to compile a restaurant list-- we like great food, but it doesn't have to be upscale to impress us--we like finding little mom& pop places. Any help there would be great too .

Thanks--

7 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,089 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

If you like fish ---SeaCat is a little inexpensive fish restaurant located in a chattel house (not sure what Mom and Pop restaurants there are in this area?) - there are a number of very Nice restaurants such as Nishi, - Lonestar- The Tides - CinCin -

some nice beach bars - Surfside- Jujus, Santis -

A bit hard to recommend when one is not exactly sure what you want

Tri-Cities...
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

Sorry if I wasn’t too clear. Yes, we really like fish so we try to eat as much of it locally as we can.

By “mom&pop” places, I mean, family owned and not chain ( fast food places like we have in the states)

Thanks for your recommendations on the food.

Excursion-wise, we like smaller groups with some great snorkeling locations.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,089 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

Main fast food (to *avoid then*) KFC - Chefette --

Most restaurants are privately owned --- cheap faster food at Just Grillin -- other places not very expensive -- Cafe Carizma -- Spagos - Zaccios -- the BeachHouse --

More expensive The Mews --

there are various restaurants in the Limegrove Lifestyle centre -- - Holetown is a very easy place to walk around and check the menus outside most restaurants -

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

Some of our favorite places to eat...just Grillin, sea cat, nishi, Lonestar and oistins but not on a Friday night...too crowded for us.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

With the exception of Tiami there isn't a bad Catamaran trip. If you want smaller boat look at Calbaza or Silvermoon. Larger loom at Coolrunnings or Jammin.

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

I will be in Barbados at a similar time to you. The forum was very helpful when I asked about catameran excursions. We wanted one with not too many guests. I emailed a few and decided on Calabaza. It isn’t the cheapest but they were very quick to respond to me and answer the questions I had and it gets great reviews.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
516 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkeling/island excursion

Calabaza is superb, we will be on it again this Christmas

Reply to: snorkeling/island excursion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted