We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All isn't truthful it appears!

NORTH WEST
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
All isn't truthful it appears!

I have had a msg from Gertrud at Desert Rose re Tasmania's comments, she has received an email telling her that her son did not tell the WHOLE story! Gertrud being the person she is has replied and invited Tasmania to visit and assuring her of a warm welcome.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

Suspected as much, we would all love to know!! but if it's private .......You seem to know Desert Rose ,what's it like? I may have been unfair in my comments.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

It certainly looks ok on the website and to be honest most of these budget type accommodations aren't too bad - it's people's expectations that are the problem - I'd love to know the full story on this one!

Sarah

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

Sarah:- that's about right ,it's not always the place thats the problem-- it's people's expectation VERY true!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

Come on Gertrud, let's hear the real story!!! LOL

It certainly does seem as though, even though these budget places do advertise that they are exactly that, people seem to think they have found some kind of 5 star hotel at a budget price. Desert Rose web site is quite specific:

"Are you traveling on a low budget?

Are you tired of paying big hotel bills? "

so why expect air con etc...? Do you research folks, if a price looks too good to be true it usually is! You do get what you pay for. I expect the now infamous "son" probably deserved to spend his last night at the airport.

That is the scary thing about tripadvisor; one disgruntled ex-guest with unreasonable expectations can totally (attempt to) destroy the good name of a perfectly good hotel/guest house/restaurant if they so choose. I'm glad so many on this board responded to the negative and seemingly very unfair comments as posted by TasmaniaT, as to go around this board posting the same illinformed nonsense all over the place is irresponsible and potentially damaging to what, by all other accounts, is a perfectly respectable, budget guesthouse.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

Obviously, you folks are just being cheerleaders. ;-)

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

of course bpfife...and on another note your new wall looks fab!

Sarah

uk
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

Hi all, I've just posted a less-than-flattering review about Desert Rose VILLA. I'd just like to make it clear that I'm talking about the villa and not the guest house mentioned in this thread.

8. Re: All isn't truthful it appears!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:15