We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

I am planning to go to Barbados after X-Mas, but I yesterday checked flight prices (BA, VA, flybmi, excel) and they are EXPENSIVE!!!

Since we would go 2 adults and 1 child (11 yrs) this would be too much.......does anybody know if the prices for flights will go down later on this year or even go up ????? I cant believe it - VA charge GBP 1.100,- for the flight for an adult at this time!!!!!! Any help would be great!

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Estela, VA are showing £661.00 per adult and £550 for 2 - 11 year old for dates after the 26th Dec, check their website, these are for economy seats.

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Thanks Coryna, but this would be 1800 just for the flight :( Way too much, since I will go to Barbados for 3 weeks in July......hmmm, I think we will wait, and if there are last-minute deals, we go, if not, we will go later next year. But it would be great to spend the 2 weeks there..........I already found a nice house for a very good price for the 2 weeks (USD 1120,-), very cheap. But the flights........... :( Ok, maybe somebody has another tipp ?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

The dates you have chosen are some of the most expensive and most travelled dates of anytime in the year. Christmas and News Years in the Caribbean is always expensive. if you could alter your dates slightly.. you may find better airfares..

Hotel accommodation etc will also be more money

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Hi Sunniebgi,

I know that after christmas is always the most expensive time of the year, no difference where in the world you go......but we need to go in the holidays, since my daughter goes to school.

I just thought somebody could give me some tipps, if I can expect last-minute-deals short before departure or not, since I never have been to Barbados during this time.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Hi estela, It's highly unlikely you will get a deal at Christmastime - it just doesn't usually happen and mainly because everywhere is full and they just don't need to do deals...flights on Christmas day and Boxing day are usually cheaper but there's no way you will get flights of 350-400 pounds at this time.

Sarah

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Thanks Sarah!

Ok, then we will have to book soon after we will return from Barbados in July............probably you are right, no deals before X-Mas :(

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

BMI have sale on for flights up to 10 Dec and from 1 Jan to mid March but I suspect that excludes school hols?

We've just booked for 8 Dec for 2 weeks - hooooraaayyy.

hope you get something that suits

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

Hi Live4hols,

you lucky one :) We only can go between Dec. 20th and Jan. 5th...:( Because my company has closed then for these 2 weeks, and also our daughter has holidays. Afterwards there is now way before Easter :( But we would like to go over Xmas...so I didnt stop hopeing to get something cheaper............

9. Re: Flight prices between Dec. 21st and Jan 5th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 08:24