We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still here

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Still here

Grrrrrrr!!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Still here

Now Sunday AM. after a good breakfast STILL HERE!! -- using the business centre as the "lounge" is full of kids!- no news yet.

Can anyone in the UK find out? as it's the weekend no-one knows here.

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Still here

Hey JTD

How good is that, a free weekend at the Hilton. Hope u find out soon what is going on.

Jen

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Still here

I'll give XL a call. Watch this space. Can't you get transferred to a BA or Virgin flight (that's if you want to of course!)?

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Still here

The young lady I spoke to says that the last update she had was at 1540 BST saying the passengers would be given an update at 1200 local time. She did not know the reason for the delay and when I asked if passengers would be transferred to another airline if the flight could still not leave, she said they "didn't do that" and that passengers had to wait for the XL flight to leave. When I pointed out that travellers had commitments back in the UK (work, dogs and boring things like that) she said she understood and was very sorry. No good shooting the messenger, is it?

Looks like they've XL'd themselves this time. You may well be sitting 2 to a seat on next Fridays flight.

Have you got insurance to cover you for this sort of thing? And, most, important, will the dogs be OK?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Still here

I don't think BA or Virgin will accept XL tickets as they are not a scheduled airline so other airlines won't touch their tickets. Can't remember the reasons why but no doubt cost etc. come into it. It really is too bad that the passengers aren't being given any info.

Still hope you're having fun at the Hilton JTD, and as above, hope the dogs are ok.

Sarah

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
835 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Still here

"Looks like they've XL'd themselves this time." - I liked that! :-)

Good of jrpkjr to phone though. Additionally, this is from XL's website:

Passenger delays

In case of passenger delay, the air carrier is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for passenger delay is limited to 4150 SDRs (approximately £3,300).

Of course I suppose it depends on what they deem "all reasonable measures".

Again, hope your dogs are ok and you've looked out your travel insurance!

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Still here

Well it had to happen to you JTD didn't it, as a former airline employee (BA) the onus is on XL to get you back to the UK, might be anytime within the next week I suppose, what happened to the plane that arrived in BGI ? There must be at least 300 in the same position, I would think XL are either sending one of their planes or looking to charter one to get you all back, make no mistake they will be doing all they can to get you back as it's costing them loadsamoney!

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Still here

Scary. Didn't think BA/V would accept XL tickets but thout XL might have coughed up the price of the ticket as a PR exercise. They obviously don't know who they're dealing with in this particular case. Just think of the damage that JTD can inflict on the already fragile reputation of XL.

But, hey, John, "you get what you pay for" (or not, as in your case).

WIGAN UK
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Still here

'I don't believe it'

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Still here

JTD,

Is this a joke?

If it's not I sincerely hope all is ok at home, dugs, weans, dug shows, jobs, hoose..............!

Hope you are working on your letter of complaint!

E.