We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better Beaches?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
476 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Better Beaches?

Can anyone tell me if the beaches are better in Barbados or St Martin?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better Beaches?

I personally loved the beaches in Barbados over the beach we visited in St. Martin (Orient Beach).

We stayed at the Coral Mist on Worthing Beach in Barbados. It was like a private beach, beautiful and quiet.

The only beach we visited in St. Martin was Orient beach - nice beach but very busy. If you like seeing 5'6" naked men walking their big dogs along the beach then this the place for you (scary picture).

I guess I'm a little biased but hey you asked my opinion.........

Good luck.

2. Re: Better Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2007, 14:29
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
594 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better Beaches?

The beaches in my opinion are better in Barbados ...been to Maho and Simpson,s Bay also Dawn beach and Orient in St Martin and most beaches in Barbados are wider and less congested and the sea level is more gradual (drop off) than the beaches in St Martin...Laurie

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Better Beaches?

I've been to St Martin and thought they had some great beaches. Will be going to Barbados in about 6 weeks, so I can't compare them.

Will say the water wasn't as clear as I hope it would be in St Martin for snorkeling. But did love the beach and Orient Beach is always fun. I did prefer the beaches on the French side other than the Dutch side.

5. Re: Better Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 07:17