We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
996 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

I don't get it...... is combat and camoflauge fashion the in thing?

Do people really need to wear this stuff while on vacation?

This issue reminds me of the 'jeans in the dining room' issue experienced on cruise ships. It's not permitted so don't bring them with you regardless of how confortable they are or whether they are the only thing you ever wear. It's my opinion that if you can't be without combat wear or jeans for a week while on vacation there is something wrong.

Perhaps I'm not 'down with' the new styles (if indeed this is the style) because I really don't get it!

Please someone help enlighten me on the issue. Who knows, I just may head down to the nearest army surplus store and get me some before the day is out :)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Hi Tanner,

Yes, variations of 'camo wear' is pretty popular, certainly here in the UK anyway, but only on a more casual basis here such as shorts or caps maybe. They do it in different colours but with the same 'pattern'.

Therefore I wouldn't advise springting down to your army surplus store for your full combat gear and night vision goggles just yet ;-)

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

It gets really popular here beginning in October, Usually comes with a great orange vest as an accessory. Pick up trucks and rifle racks seem to become the rage about this time.

Happy hunting,

jimimac

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

LOL, Jimimac - I know that in this area, camo is very popular for the young, and those trying to be, lol! it is a big fashion trend and widely available in all items of clothing, even undies!

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

After all the camo stuff on here, couldn't help but notice that the dancers at the Twenty20 CWC in SA were all wearing it, not much of it, (well not much of anything really) so it's clearly the "in thing" in places other than the UK & NA.

I'm with you Tanner. Can't see the attraction. Reminds me a bit of how I look after I've cleaned out my pond each Spring, i.e. mud & slime. But then, maybe I'd think differently if it was yellow mud & pink slime.

Does bring back fond memories of Hawkeye, BJ, Trapper & the rest though.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Beats me as well !

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Why is that jprkjr? Do you have a secret fetish for Mr Blobby?

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Just heard a couple of days ago about a friend of mine having 3 pairs of baggies and a shirt taken by customs. He had his bags searched and they also attempted to take his flip-flops which had camo pattern on the INSIDE (which would be covered by your foot) and a watch that had a strip of camo pattern on the edge. Craziness! (though he should have known better, being a local as he is!)

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

LMJ - just trying to divert suspiscion. Real object of desire is Bungle.

Sighhhh. Isn't he just gorgeous?

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Camoflauge is huge around here. Not only for the young, but for people who haven't yet traded in their ripped or beat up lookin jeans yet. Heck, it beats a moo-moo anyday.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - please explain this camoflauge fashion to me

Hi Tanner2305,

I don't get the fasion, either. And it's not like it's the new digital camo, either. And there are different colors available, too. Pink camo?

Personally, I have a pair of camo shorts, since I like hiking. These shorts are military grade and, as you can imagine, are made for all types of weather and conditions with lasting durability (if these shorts could talk). They're old, before the style returned, and almost look and feel like it did the day I bought it. Plenty of pockets, too. When I wear them, it looks like I'm a follower of the trends (blech) now that the style is back.