We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almond beach village

bournemouth uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
almond beach village

just adjusted our accommadation in ABV we are def staying in block 7 i have paid the extra for an ocean view room has anyone got any pics of a similar room at ABV really exited we fly 4 weeks today and get married 5 weeks yesterday not that im counting down the days

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: almond beach village

I have just got back from ABV had a fantastic holiday. Didn't actually stay in block 7 but had an ocean view, will add a couple of pics as soon as I have loaded them up!!

Also my boyfriends Mum got married while we were there in the 'sugar mill' and it was lovely!!

bournemouth uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: almond beach village

thank you soooooo much cant wait to see them we are also getting married when we go next week im so excited ok going to ask lots of questions now sorry! what was the wedding service like ? was his mum happy with everything and did they accommidate any extra ideas she had? the big question all brides want to know was it everything she expected and more? and did they get freebees ? lol sorry for last question but you have to ask these things , everybody keeps saying how generous the bajans are when it comes to wedding couples?

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: almond beach village

one warning- is your wife to be going to have hair done on the big day? They do it LOVELY but you must really give some extra time as we were in there hours and it made us late for the wedding- which no-one minded about but as it was a 4pm wedding the daylight hours were closing in so the photographer got a bit worried- but it was all fine in the end!

They didn't use the hotel photographer but he was great he came and took a few pictures of the new 'Mr and Mrs', and then came back half an hour later with one printed off in a frame!

If you tell people while you are there you are getting married some of them do special deals- boat trips etc, but not real freebies as all of the food and drink is included at the Hotel. I know they did get special treatment from the air hostess' on the plane on the way out though!

You will have a meeting with the wedding co-ordinator when you get there and she will go through everything. You have a table booked of your restaurant choice on the night of the wedding- but they do not decorate it. Although, we took lots of little bits and gave it to the co-ordinator the morning of the wedding and she arranged for it to be done- but just remember they don't provide these bits.

The flowers they provided were lovely- so no worries there! They do a cake too- interesting, and very big!

What time are you getting married?

erm I can't remember if I have answered all of your questions?

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: almond beach village

Please don't get TOO exited about the ABV, I hate to see people really looking forward to something & possibly being disappointed - just go with an open mind & reasonable levels of expectation, remember that some love the place but equally a lot don't, I really don't want to put you off in any way - just be aware of the reviews & don't expect perfection, go with the flow as they say - have a great time.

NORTH WEST
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: almond beach village

Dont want to dampen things for you toni, but if they put you in block 5 refuse to take a room there, it is horrible horrible horrible. The rooms are musty, tiny and not fit to sleep in. We transferred to Turtle Beach and had a brilliant holiday. Plenty of facilities for children at ABV and a nice beach.

bournemouth uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: almond beach village

hi i am the bride ha ha and im a hairdresser so doing my own hair and we get married at 1130 so thought that would be good time for photos ect i am going with an open mind but the only problem getting married this way is you cant just pick up the phone or see photos which the photographer has taken so just trying to get bits of info also we upgraded our room and i insisted on staying in block 7 which is the newest on site and lots of people reccommend so she alredy booked us strsight into that block fingers crossed

thanks for the replies and cant wait to see the photos of the room

many thanks toni

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: almond beach village

I hope for your sake you do get block 7, everyone seems to get promised this block and then they deal with it when you get there.

It is like a huge holiday camp, where is Javon he could have put a good word in for you. Hope everything goes well for the wedding and you do get the room you were promised.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: almond beach village

Hi Toni I am getting quite excited myself reading about your wedding. I hope your day is wonderful and that you have a lovely time in Barbados

PS Wish I could be there, I still have the BIG hat from my daughter's wedding.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: almond beach village

Make no mistake - we all wish you well on your big day & after .

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: almond beach village

I'm sure you'll have an excellent wedding at ABV. Did you ask about booking your own photographer. There are plenty of good wedding photographers in Barbados; you only have to check the internet.