We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach on barbados

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
best beach on barbados

i have visited the caribbean many times but have still yet to find that bounty beach. can anyone tell me the best beach on barbados for white sand, clear water and no crowds?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach on barbados

Hi. You're kidding right?

All beaches in Barbados have white sand and crystal clear water. As for no crowds, this is a vacation island and all the beaches are public so unless you can find a time when so one visits the no crowd part will be hard to find. Having said that, there's hardly anyone on the East Coast, but you can't swim there, only good for surfers. I'd pick Bottom Bay, down a flight of stairs to a fairly secluded beach.

Let's see what other suggestions you'll get.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
997 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach on barbados

We felt Worthing Beach was about as private as you will find. It was us, the turtles and a few other vacationers staying at the Coral Mist and that was about it.

B E A U T I F U L..............

Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
223 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach on barbados

Go to Foul Bay beach -- I liked it better than Bottom Bay; and you can drive right up to it -- no stairs; and nary a person in sight.

The access road to it is about 1 mile west of Crane Hotel.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach on barbados

Foul bay

OH yes what a lovelly unspoilt beach, miles of mt white sand it is a shame that the sea is rough and strong we sat for hours ready books and enjoing our bottle of wine etc and only saw one other couple wandering along ,they looked like a local couple , although they were at least 400 yards away ,they still gave us a nod and a wave, thats barbados for you. although swiming is a bit of a no no , i think the name foul bay must put people off , going back to your bounty beach with a couple of palm trees leaning over the ocean , we have been looking for years , and found such a beach ,,, but it was in tobago , i do feel sure that barbados has one ,but you must get the holiday makers off the beach before you take your shot rgdssteve

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach on barbados

On the east coast & a bit of an effort to get to but we loved Bath Beach very quite the day we found it , cannot wait to go back in January

Mark & Rhonda

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best beach on barbados

Hi, we went to a beautiful beach on the west coast called oyster bay, often there was nobody on it and the sea is beautiful and clear, white sand. The odd time you get a catamaran stop there for lunch but quite often deserted. We stopped at worthing at coral mist but often drove up there for a quiet beach that was beautiful and very calm as although that too is a nice beach the waves are often too big for me to swim in the sea there. Have fun!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best beach on barbados

Shhh! it's a secret!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: best beach on barbados

Check out Harry Smith on the South East coast. Bottom Bay is now being spoilt through developments nearby.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best beach on barbados

HI

Would you tell us more about Harry smith on the east coast

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best beach on barbados

Two of my personal favorites were Paynes Bay and Bottom Bay. Bottom Bay has the palm trees etc. If you know Facebook.com there is a group on there called TA Barbados Addicts and there are some lovely pictures of Bottom Bay. It is quite choppy so not great for swimming unless you are a strong swimmer. Paynes Bay is on the West Coast. This is where we snorkelled with the turtles. It was amazing. All the beaches on Barbados are fab though.