We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants around mullins bay

scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants around mullins bay

I have booked to stay around Mullins Bay self catering, we arrive mid december the restaurant on the beach Mannies appears to be closed? can anyone confirm is it going to reopen in December. what alternatives can you suggest if it is not open to a day at the beach and lunch close by in a restaurant.

For dinner close by is the only alternatives to go into Holetown or Speightown?

I had read great reviews about Mannies and had been banking on it for lunches and evening dinners on at least a few days

thanks

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
714 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

Mullins restaurant overlooking the sea was ecxellent a few years ago. We first went there about 10 years ago and it was a classic beach bum's bar - really chilled and a bit rough - just fab.

Then many years later we went along and it was transformed into a fine dining restaurant. We were in shorts and T shirts, but they were happy for us to go in and spend with them. Nice place, but a bit formal for some tastes. I assume that it is still going.

N&B

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

The restaurant at Cobblers Cove is very good, I dont think Mannies will have reopend mid December (or whatever it will be).

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

You will have to go to Speightstown or Holetown, I think there are a couple of places up the road towards Kings beach/Sandridge - more of a local feel than dining, there is a Chinese Take away near the garage that is good, I never went personally but I think you can eat in as well.Mannies is shut & as far as I know is staying shut & may reopen but as what no-one actually knows. This is a great shame ,whether owned by Mannie or whoever it was a tradition amongst us who frequent the area to go there a LOT!!

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

Hi Pacers,

Are you staying at Legends by any chance?

We are arriving on saturday 8th december (only 7 days to go!). I can tell you that the Chinese just past the petrol station is very good. we haven't eaten in Speightstown but plenty of choice in Holetown.

maybe see you round, have fun anyway !

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

Stayed on Mullins in February - beside the Chinese (which is good) there is not much within walking distance - although Speightstown is walkable in 25 mins

Mannies was not as good as it was two years ago - probably milking it before he sold out to the Westmoreland

However there are excellent choices in Speightstown and particularly Holetown at all price levels and styles ... our favorite form of transport was to use the frequent and interesting buses and sometime get a taxi back

Check out the Inside Pages on this site or Google

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

Live4hols

Say hi to Delia and Bird for me. I miss them terribly. Wish it was me going. Have a great time and have a Banks for me, another thing I miss terribly.

Jen

Jo9
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

When we were there recently, although Mannies was closed there was a white van that parked on the side of the road around lunchtime selling good local food.

It certainly didn't look like Mannies was going to reopen in the near future as they were busy bashing walls down two weeks ago!

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

Hi Jen,

will say hi for you and will even have a Banks for you if I must !

we are sooooo looking forward to it.

Legends is really how it should be, isn't it? Totally relaxed atmosphere in all the right ways.

9. Re: restaurants around mullins bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 21:20