We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

We are planning to try the following restaurants in the south:

Pisces

Wispers (perhaps for lunch?)

Champers

Has anyone been to these restaurants and which did you prefer and why?

Out of the restaurants you visited, which wouldn't you return to?

Also, is Il Tempio (or is it Il Tiempo) on the west worth a visit. I hear it is supposed to be a lovely Italian. Where is good for lunch on the West Coast?

Is the Cliff worth a visit? Is it open only in the evenings?

Also, I read that there is somewhere quite well known which does amazing picnics on the way to bottom bay beach. What is this place called again and where is it roughly?

Thanks all! x

Mentioned in this post
Il Tempio
Il Tempio
450 Reviews
Barbados
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

Hi MitchyKel

Pisces - Not keen - I've had a few meals here and it is a lovely waterside setting, but I don't consider it anything special - I don't think it has been updated in the last 20 years!

Wispers - Haven't done yet, but gets good reviews - quite expensive

Champers - Excellent food & value for money

Haven't visited Il Tempio.

Where is good for lunch on the West Coast?

> Cocomos is good for lunch.

Is the Cliff worth a visit? Is it open only in the evenings?

> I love the Cliff and think it is really special, the food and service are brilliant and the setting makes it into an experience rather than just a meal.

Not sure if they open for lunch, but I think the ambience would be bet in the evenings with the flaming torches.

Also, I read that there is somewhere quite well known which does amazing picnics on the way to bottom bay beach. What is this place called again and where is it roughly?

> I think you are referring to Cutters. They are on the road out to Bottom Bay on the left hand side, I think they're between the Crane & Bottom Bay, not sure. We got a lunch from the Village Deli in the local supercentre supermarket and took a bottle of champers to Bottom Bay - not quite as up-market as a posh picnic, but very tasty and still warm when we got there!

Nicky

Mentioned in this post
Il Tempio
Il Tempio
450 Reviews
Barbados
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
Bottom Bay
Bottom Bay
420 Reviews
Barbados
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
2,744 Reviews
Barbados
Wales, UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

We arrive on the 8th January, the long wait is almost over. We ate at Pisces last January and had a good meal in a beautiful setting , we were fortunate to have a railside table. We also ate at Champers which was superb all round. We have only prebooked Champers for this year but may well go back to Pisces if they can fit us in at the last minute.

We have not been to The Cliff ourselves , probably a bit posh for us, but the reviews are consistantly excellent as they are for The Restuarant at Southseas, both look to be slightly more expensive than Champers.

On the West Coast we have had lunch several times at Surfside in Holetown which has always been good , we have not been to Cocomos which is closeby and also gets good reviews, both are beachbars.On the South Coast the Carib Beach Bar is our favorite.

We have not had any meals that were so bad that we would not return,probably the most dissapointing last year was lunch at The Roundhouse, Bathsheba on New ( sorry) Old Years Eve. I think we were just unlucky and we will certainly return this time if only for the superb setting and views.

We have yet to find Cutters but again it gets good reports nor have we been to Bottom Bay but intend to do so on this visit. Our personal favourite beach which rarely gets a mention is Bath Beach on the East Coast, it is a little out of the way but was just perfect for us.

Have a great time.

Mark & Rhonda

Mentioned in this post
Champers Restaurant
Champers Restaurant
3,646 Reviews
Barbados
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados
Carib Beach Bar
Carib Beach Bar
98 Reviews
Barbados
Bathsheba
Bathsheba
Barbados
Bottom Bay
Bottom Bay
420 Reviews
Barbados
Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

As 'Kiri' says the Cliff is more than a meal it's an experience & is no more posh than any other of the "top"restaurants. We went to Ill Tempio once a few years back it was a complete nightmare, we left after waiting ages, we were completely ignored, we had booked & were well behaved, just couldn't get any interest neither could anyone else.

Mentioned in this post
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

we eat at the Blue monkey which is just down the road from the cove and loved the food, ambiance and was much approx £50.00pp for 3 course meal. much cheaper than cove for same views.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

The Cliff is only open for dinner and you should reserve now (prior to going) to get good table near water. Definitely worth the experience but be prepared to pay top dollar

The amazing picnic lunches are done by Cutters. Here is a link with their menu items:

http://www.oms.bb/images/orderform.pdf

They are located just past the entrance to The Crane - continue around the bend in the road and they will be on the left (if you pass The Crane on the right -- coming from South Coast).

I would cross Pisces off your list. If you want another amazing South Coast restaurant try The Restaurant at Southsea - it's in The Gap, but it's a 5 star restaurant.

Another fantastic restaurant that is open at lunch as well as at dinner is Aqua.

We have not tried Wispers yet, and years ago when we went to Il Tempio we paid the same at lunch as we did at dinner - hence, we have not been back.

We just completed our 26th trip in October 2007. If you would like my free Insider Tips, write me at swanson@ballardspahr.com and I will send them off promptly.

Lois

Mentioned in this post
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
2,744 Reviews
Barbados
Il Tempio
Il Tempio
450 Reviews
Barbados
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

I had the same experience TWICE as JTD at Il Tempio! After the first time I thought, in the interest of fairness, I'd give it another try, after all it couldn't be as bad the second time around could it? Wrong! I didn't like the food (it was expensive too) or service, I definitely won't be going back again.

Of the others you mention I hear mixed reports about Pisces, Champers is always lovely (IMHO), The Cliff is unbeatable though expensive and I feel Wispers is overpriced though it's in a fabulous location with pretty good service.

Could the place that does picnic lunches be Cutters maybe? Does that ring a bell?

Mentioned in this post
Il Tempio
Il Tempio
450 Reviews
Barbados
Champers Restaurant
Champers Restaurant
3,646 Reviews
Barbados
The Cliff
The Cliff
2,905 Reviews
Barbados
Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

Thanks everyone!

yes, cutters was the one I was after.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

The Fish Pot is a lovely spot for both lunch and dinner - up in St. Lucy just past Speightstown - well worth it. With regard to the others I agree with everyone else - there are loads of spots to eat and you'll find them easily - have a great trip!

Sarah

Mentioned in this post
The Fish Pot
The Fish Pot
1,833 Reviews
Barbados
US
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

Yes, I'll second the Fish Pot and passing on Pisces as being a little overpriced for the entire experience.

Mentioned in this post
The Fish Pot
The Fish Pot
1,833 Reviews
Barbados
Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon on 10th! Yippeee - few questions

Blimey! we have something in common after all! My usual lunch tip - is - Roundhouse East coast -leave in plenty of time you will get lost(we do & we know where it is!)Also don't miss Patisserie Flindt yummy cakes & good coffee.